Pregnancy Journals

The Invisible Woman

Reaction score
I know there was a thread on these a few days ago, but I can't find it :(

Anyway - I really want to get one, and fill it in etc.
Problem is, I already have a daughter, and when I was pregnant with her, OH and I were so busy - moving house, sorting out money so I didn't have to go back to work, etc that there was just no time.
This time around, I will have some more time, and I would love to record my pregancy. HOWEVER - I am worried that when my daughter is older, she will find the journal for my next LO and will ask where 'hers' is.

I'm an only child, so don't really understand how it would work, but those of you with siblings, how would you feel if you found a pregnancy / baby journal for your brother/sister, but there wasn't one for you?

And also - ladies that have done it.
Did you enjoy it- is it good to look back on?
It has to be worth it, for me to endure this guilt!

Buy a nice notebook and write a pregnancy/birth journal for her, the story of getting your bfp, what you can remember and a detailed birth story. Write it as though you were telling her the story so not just facts and figure but how you felt :D

Ooo - that's a good idea libs.

I can get a nice notebook and do that :hug:

I have this one and love it:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/My-Pregnancy-Jo ... 338&sr=8-1

Space to fill in all sorts, little prompts, pockets for wallpaper samples or birth annoucement cards etc...space for photo's and it's split into sections, i.e "preparing for baby" then of course a section for each trimester, one for classes and care etc, I really like it. Bought the matching baby first year journal too.

Nicola said:
I have this one and love it:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/My-Pregnancy-Jo ... 338&sr=8-1

Space to fill in all sorts, little prompts, pockets for wallpaper samples or birth annoucement cards etc...space for photo's and it's split into sections, i.e "preparing for baby" then of course a section for each trimester, one for classes and care etc, I really like it. Bought the matching baby first year journal too.

I have this one too, but have been quite lazy when it comes to filling it in.

i wouldve been upset if my sister had one and i didnt, its just natural sibling rivalry, u feel bad if ur sibling has anything u dont (u grow out of it but u do when ur a kid)

like libs said, write a story about ur pregnancy with ur daughter and then she wont feel left out. xx

Thats a good question as I haven't done one for Paris and wanted to do one for this little one

The Invisible Woman said:
I'm an only child, so don't really understand how it would work, but those of you with siblings, how would you feel if you found a pregnancy / baby journal for your brother/sister, but there wasn't one for you?

I just read this bit: I'd feel so jealous if my brother/sister had a journal about them but I didn't have one about me so yes I agree, I'd tred carefully there for those expecting 2nd children if you didn't do it with the first - you could always just write a poem/pregnancy thoughts/birth story etc about the 1st and do the same with the 2nd so they still have a record and no jealousy over who gets what etc.

This is my first/last baby so he'll get everything I can possibly give him, spoiled rotten I'm sure and I'll not need to think about having to re-do it as honestly some of the lengths I have gone to I'm sure I wouldn't have time with a 2nd given I had one to look after already type thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back