Pregnancy-induced hypertension

Ella1979

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone else had this after their baby was born but not before???

Last time I had pre-eclampsia and my bp stayed high after the birth. This time I had no pre-eclampsia, but my bp rocketed on day 5 and I was diagnosed with pregnancy-induced hypertension. I'm on bp meds again, but nowhere near the same amount as last time. 13 days in hospital - was really awful being away from my new baby and my daughter.

Would be interested in other people's experiences and how long it took for bp to go back to normal.

No mine dropped as soon as she was born and stayed there. I have heared PE can hit after the baby is born I don't know about hight BP.

Thanks for the reply. Apparently it's quite unusual to get PIH after delivery, typical :roll: I don't know anyone else who's had this but no bp problems during pregnancy.

It does sound unusual. Hormones are funny though and effect people in different ways. It sounds awful to be hit with it just when you thought you were all done with the pregnancy symptoms and ready for cuddles. Has it gone down again?

It's settled on the nifedipine, thank goodness. Midwife's supposed to be coming at some point today to check it, then the GP has to check next week. I was on medication for 6 months last time but this time I'm on far less of it so hoping to be off it in a couple of months or so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back