F**king Brilliant! NOT!

flexilexi394

Reaction score
Well to add to my saga. . .

So, had my 2nd sweep today.

BP was a lot higher than usual, and protein in my urine. Bollocks!

So am being admitted for sodding pre eclampsia.

had a swab taken as they have to test for infection as waters went last night.

No change in my contraction pattern. Which also concerns them as I potentially should contract more as my waters have gone.

From an easy pregnancy (bar my moaning) medically has been text book all the way through to this! Nightmare!

Had more bloods taken too. So ladies, we shall see what the afternoon brings.

I have lost all hope I tell you. x

Oh bless you :hug: Glad you're being well looked after though, and fingers crossed the sweep will get things moving a bit more and your little girly will be here soon! x x

I'm guessing theyl induce u this aft if bp stays high,especially now waters have gone :hugs: xxx

i agree with emma good luck hun its all work it trust me when you hold you baby girl the labour will slip away to the back of your mind xx

I'm guessing theyl induce u this aft if bp stays high,especially now waters have gone :hugs: xxx

I didn't think they liked inducing with high bp? But yeah now your waters have come baby needs to come out! :)

are you still in the hospital love?

hope baby comes soon I am sure it will :)

I think they'll induce you too as you're bp is high and it's showing you have protein in urine as you're waters have broken as the risk of infection. Try and stay calm and relaxed, I know you'll be stressed and anxious but that's not going to help anything. Just keep thinking positive that you're baby girl will be here HOPEFULLY today, if not then they have to induce you within a certain time period if you're waters have gone because like I said before, the risk of infection getting to baby,etc. Good luck and keep us posted if you can xx

Also, you may be contracting and dont feel anything. I know a women, who is about 60 and she was telling me the other day that she didnt have any water and didnt have any contractions when she went into labour. She just knew something wasnt right. The midwife's didnt believe her that she couldnt feel anything and the baby was distressed due to her being in labour and not feeling anything to push. One of the midwife's actually said to her "what's wrong, why arent you pushing" and she said "because i'm not getting any contractions or pain" and the midwife had to put her hand on her stomach to tell her when to push. She also had a bad birth due to there not being any water, think it's called something not sure and her son had to be delivered by foreceps in the end.

I'm telling you this just as a precaution as they say everyone contracts and gets all the pains,etc, when actually some women don't. So just be carefull and even ask them if they can check and make sure you arent contracting a lot as you maybe just arent feeling them x

Last edited:
I hope your ok lexi thinking of you :hugs:

Ah flexi.....keep smiling it wont be long before lo is here...and your really in the best place with PE....thinking of you and looking forward to seeing your news that shes here xxx

Aw hun.

At least now your waters have gone you'll def be done in two days!

Hope you're feeling ok in yourself.

aahw that's a bit pants hun... like everyone says though you're in the best place now and it's good they checked for your bp/protein etc.

Listen, if you have to be induced pleeeease dont worry about it... they really know what they're doing and it is amazing how induction can get your body to do very strong contractions to get the baby on it's way.. i would defo be open minded about pain relief too - go for eveything they offer - why be in pain when you can have some relief. i was petrified of having an epidural and always said i wouldn't but in the end it was a doddle - hardly felt it at all - all you feel is the local anaesthetic injection and after that you're numb for the rest...

so take their advice... be induced if that's what they recomend and just remember you can still make this the most amazing experience of your life.. just try not to be dissappointed about how you thought it was all going to happen. Baby-girl is going to get here - if you need some help to get you going then that's fine and the best thing to do... it's just getting baby here that's important no matter how long it takes or what methods are used.

My birthplan of hypnobirthing and water-birth had to go completely out the window but honestly honestly hand on heart i can say that i still had the best experience ever with my induction, gas and air and epidural... to be able to give birth in no pain at all and enjoy every second of pushing and meeting Josie for the first time was amazing.

I was given the prostin pessarys, put on the syntocin drip, continuosly monitored and had a catheter (which i know doesn't sound like a barrell of laughs) BUT to be able to rest, relax and lay-down (and watch tv for some of it) was exactly what i needed after 2 days of crappy contractions, no sleep and "failure to progress". I just had to forget the birth plan and enjoy being pain free and relaxed! Was back up on my feet after 4 or 5 hours of the birth and back home within 12 hours.

you will be fine whatever and however this happens hun just try to keep an open mind and let them look after you and do what they do best.... stay cool and calm lady... you can do this - whatever way it happens x x x x

Last edited:
Oh lexi, keep your chin up hun... Lil one will be here V soon now regardless and you're in the best place to be monitored for any problems.
We're all rooting for you hunni :hugs: x

Babys not making this easy for you is she. Hopefully they'll induce you and she will be here soon :) (induction isnt half as scary as some would say so dont worry) Just stay nice and calm and hopefully it will go smoothly. xx :hug:

Hope everything goes ok, and she is here soon. thinking of you hun xx

thanks guys. i think they will check it was definately my waters too apparently, as they said i could have wet myself :blush: i was pretty sure it wasnt pee but i guess you never know! lol! i am going in at 4. so not long! im actually relieved and looking forward to whatever they decide. i am a little worried about induction but i feel quite good at keeping control of myself and if it hurts too much i will just ask for some pain relief lol! and i kinda figured i wont have my water birth, i didnt write a birth plan on purpose so i wouldnt be disappointed, but to tell the truth i would have liked a water birth. who knows i could go in and they may say everything is fine! grr! lol. bet you i get sent home having wet myself last night and then i have to go all the way to induction day on thursday x

Ahhh no :(

Good luck for this afternoon hun, it cant be much longer now!! :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back