pregnancy books

flopsybunny

Reaction score
Hi girls. I am just wondering what if any pregnancy books you are reading and what you think of them? I have Heidi Murkoff's What to expect when you're expecting. It is really thick but has info on everything plus a week by week guide to what's going on with baby. I had it for my last pregnancy and it was so good. Even has 6 weeks after baby is born and sections for father and multiples and what to do if you are ill or have complications such as diabetes etc. I just thought this thread may be useful for those that are thinking about getting a book and want some adivce on which to go for! :)

I've decided against reading any books to be honest.

Everything I've looked at is just too subjective for my liking!

I don't like the idea of a book telling me what I should be feeling, I know my own body and mind :shock:

I will be picking the brains of friends and family members with kids and my lovely bump buddy sends me weekly updates of the babies development.

I have however ordered some hyponobirthing books!

xxxxxxxx

Hypnobirthing sounds intriguing. I didn't look into anything like that when I was preg with LO and did end up with a bit of a traumatic labour and birth. If all goes well with this preg (fingers crossed) I will probably look into relaxation techniques etc like that.

I really liked the sound of hypnotic thing but we found out about it too late. The classes sound really good but you should start them around week 20 and really buy into them. I think we will next time xx

I have a book coming and if I get on well with that I'll look into some classes, going to ask my MW at my 16 week appointment.

The classes are not cheap though :shock:

I didn't mean to sound so negtive about books per se, I just don't think anything can truly prepare me for how my life is about to change :lol:

xxxxxxxxx

I totally agree, you have to pick what's helpful and what's not xx

My mum got me a great book, its more to do with my own body, ways to look after myself when pregnant and gives you so much info on different types of birth, c section, breast feeding etc but I can't remember the name, will edit this later with what its called! Xxxx

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back