pregnancy and ovulation

Rachel

Reaction score
hi i know this is prob a stuid question but i havent been ttc 4 that long. i was just wondering can you get pregnant at anytime of the month or does it only happen when your ovulating?
Rachel xx

Hi Rachel,

To answer your question you can only get pregnant when you are ovulating and the egg has been released and there are sperm present. The egg will survive for 24-48 hours unfertilised and as long as the conditions are right the sperm can live upto 5 days.
Generally you O 14 days before your next AF is due so if you're not regular as clockwork you need to look for the signs (CM/CP/temp.) so it's quite a good idea to start charting these so you can look for a pattern.
Everyone is different & can O at different times, sometimes an egg isn't actually released even though we still have an AF!! All a bit strange & complicated :!:
When I was reading up on everything I was starting to panic & thought I would never manage to conceive as it seemed the chances were so small but after 4 cycles worth I have a bun in the oven!!!!!! :D :D :D

Best of luck to you hun & sending a flurry of baby dust your way.

Nicki.x
P.S hope this helps a bit.

thanks for your reply its helped me alot. hope you have a happy and helthy pregnancy. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back