pregnacare question

Lilelephant

Reaction score
On the box its say throughout pregnancy, doc and mw said folic acid to 12 weeks so do I need to stop pregnancre or carry on?

erm....im sure they told me last time to stop the folic acid after 12 wks but continue to take the vit and min supplements?
Sorry cnt be more help.
xxxx

I was wondering the same thing! Everywhere I've read apart from the vitamins themselves say stop taking folic acid after 12 weeks it's confusing! X

Due to me being classed as high risk pregnancy I've been advised to take it the whole way through. It's the first time I've carried on with pregnacare beyond Tri 1 and actually I feel so much better for it! Ive avoided Anaemia so far which I'm usually prone too. I've never missed a dose actually but I hope the extra vits would boost my immune system and help prevent me getting such a bad virus like I did in my last pregnancy.

You still can take pregnacare past 12wks.. I'm still taking mine now and will do up until I give birth! Xx

I asked the MW as i wasn't sure and she said to carry on taking it the whole way through...so thats what i'm doing. x x x x

its advised to take folic acid to 12 weeks but u can take it longer, it actually does no harm to anyone thats y u can take it whilst ttc, enjoy the pregnacare lol i found them huuuuge xxx

I'm with piglet, i don't think it will do any harm, so I was planning on taking them all the way through! :)

My MW told me to take pregnacare all the way through too x

Yip mine said to carry on as well, but recommended the ones that come with the omega 3 capsules, although they are more expensive

i asked midwife today at my app and she said to keep taking the normal pregnacare all the way through. I was taking the omega 3 plus one, but she said that was not necessary! so i am getting the normal ones at boots tomorrow xxx

Just thought I'd add on here that Morrisons seem to be selling the ordinary Pregnacare for only £2.47 for 30 days supply I got a couple of boxes as that's about half the usual price!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back