Preconception bloods

flopsybunny

Reaction score
Heya,

My dr has referred me for preconception blood tests. We are now into our 10th month of trying. I'm just wondering if anyone knows what they are looking for with these blood tests?

xx

Hi flopsy, my doc says I can have blood tests in September, so am bumping this post back to the top because I want to know too :) xx

i think i am getting mine in september too!! x

I am also getting mine in September. Yay blood test buddies!

I THINK they are checking the right hormones are realised after ovulation that will help the egg and sperm develop. i may have this mixed up with something but am sure that what my doc said x

Well I phoned to ask, and they said they were going to look at my rubella immunity, red blood cell count and thyroid. When I asked if any of these would affect TTC they said it could do. How would red blood cell count or thyroid affect TTC?

xx

I got blood test coming up, its to see if my tetanus jab is still in my blood stream, was told it should be life long but just in case.

We had blood tests when we told the drs we were trying to conceive, it was for thyroid probs (I already have a problem with my thyroid), HIV, rubella and some other tests to see if we were compatible and has any genetic diseases, they both came back fine but we're still TTC 8 months down the line. Hope your luck changes soon flopsy!

Thanks Binzy, me too. Had my blood tests back and all is fine. That means that all is ok with the OH and my blood is ok, so I'm guessing it is just timing. Good things come to those who wait and all that. :roll:

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back