Any help on being referred to gynae clinic after MC?

beanster

Reaction score
I went to see my doctor three weeks ago after i had a very early MC. As I also had a MC at 11 weeks in May and possibly another early MC in August they have referred me to the hospital. I had the usual blood tests done at the doctors and they were all normal so am now worrying and wondering what they will do at the hospital. Has anyone been?

I haven't been myself yet but they tend to go through the same proceedure as far as i can tell.

I'm booked for bloods and my doctors told me that fi they come back clear that i'll be sent to the hospital.

When you get sent to the hospital, it tends to be for an ultrasound or an xray (HSG) or maybe both to basically have a look at your ovaries and tubes and uterine lining.

They'll probably focus on your uterus with you having repeat m/cs for things like fibroids and it's general thickness - anything that might explain why the embryo isn't sticking.

No pain or anything involved.

Sorry about your losses Beanster :hug:

Hi Hun,

I went the other day and they and as my blood test came back fine and my ultrasound did too they decided not to investigate further at this stage.

They said if I hadn't got pregnant in a year then they would then investigate further.

Are you taking baby Aspirin?

xx

Are you taking baby Aspirin?

I know it seems like a bit of a fad around here at the moment with seemingly no one taking it to suddenly everyone taking it whether they've had a previous mc or not, but i have read loads of very positive things about it especially in circles where people suffered previous mcs so it's a really good suggestion from Maybe :)

Thanks girls. Have heard about baby aspirin - now i am just being really thick here but what is it!!!!!! LOL at my stupidity I know! Is it a weaker aspirin than adult aspirin or something else - also where do i get it from and will it do any harm if I don't need it? Am feeling a bit all over the place at the moment cos AF was due yesterday but no sign yet. Am not getting excited or going to test cos I have no symptoms of AF or of having a BFP. All the last 3 times i got a BFP my boobs were killing me!!!!:wall2:

It's the same stuff, pure aspirin, but instead of a 300mg dose (the standard adult dose) you only have a 75mg dose every day.

I've seen 75mg tablets in huge Boots stores, but most people just buy own brand aspirin (without caffiene) in 300mg tablets and break them into quarters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back