Pre scan downer

Geekachublog

Reaction score
I'm on a Pre scan downer again! Two weeks tomorrow until my 20 week scan, but hardly have a bump (just a food baby), no movements, no symptoms... Nothing. In a bit of a no mans land currently and it's taking its toll again...

Feel like I'm on a total downer all of the time, when does pregnancy get exciting? :)

When you feel movement is when it starts getting real. I loved those first few weeks of movement up until baby gets so big it can whack your ribs, then it gets uncomfortable lol.hang in there, you're sooo close x x

Last edited:
Thanks hun, I'm in the stage where I just feel like a fat hippo, I hardly feel pregnant at all, which I should be grateful for, but even if baby was kicking me in the ribs, at least I'd know they are ok :)

Today made it all so real for me, so exciting finding out we are having a BOY, after 3 girls. I, like yourself have felt very little movement. I was worried before scan about the lack of movement. But today was amazing, and reassured me.

I don't know if it's because my muscles are crap after c section last time, but baby was quite lazy in scan too.

X

Our baby was lazy at our 12 week scan, if sonographer hadn't told us that all was ok, I'd still be worrying now.

I have a lazy one too - maybe that's why we don't feel as much x

Probably.

Sometimes I feel like a pulling pain, I like to kid myself that that's my little bean moving around :)

Do you know where your placenta is? If it's at the front that would explain why you haven't felt anything and also I've heard that you don't show as quickly?
Can't wait for a proper bump and kicks, I just feel like a bloater who has let herself go since the wedding ;) x

My placenta... It's in my belly somewhere ;) haha.

I haven't the foggiest, it's probably in the right place but my body is just teasing me. I feel like a right hippo, that I've let myself go too. It's an awful feeling, especially when I'm bursting out of my work uniform.

That limbo stage is awful, my bump has only just popped, i can really nottice it now, not had anyone ask if im preg yet tho, there prob too scared to be rude, ( hummm pie belly or baby ?)

Dont worry, ask where you placenta is in two weeks at scan, seeing how amazingly developedbsby is then even if you csnt see where it is or feel it will make all the difference. Ive always had an anterior placenta ( it will say on 20 werk scan paperwork once dobe if you forget to ask). That means ( working from your front to your back ) , you have your tum then placenta then baby then your insides and back if that makes sense do placenta is cushioning the kicks onfront and your not feeling them. Ive had 4 of these for some reason and so big kicks felt at 24 weeks , i just skip the little kicks. This tome i have my first posterior placenta !yay and do ( counting from your front) you have your tum, the baby then behind that the placenta then your insides then your back. Hope that helps i never got it without thinking like that.
This time i had one light kick at 16 weeks and they started properly at 18 weeks-19 weeks. You wont miss anything when you get yours if anterior placenta then when you do get them theyll be fab ones , none of this was that baby or was it just wind business!

Bump wise , im bigger this time but its 5 th baby, but ive never been one to show early, yourll get used to it and all of a sudden BAM its arrived. Believe me its far better to have a small bump esp later on, when it gets a bit heavy! Yourll get back to shape quicker too after birth , esp with all that xmas food tempting us with all winter season babies!

Keep yourself busy, get baby stuff organising or window shopping ready and Post again after your scan, yourll head will be in a whole new place xx

My placenta... It's in my belly somewhere ;) haha.

I haven't the foggiest, it's probably in the right place but my body is just teasing me. I feel like a right hippo, that I've let myself go too. It's an awful feeling, especially when I'm bursting out of my work uniform.

Ha ha ha... Lots of my friends have their placenta at the front and didn't feel kicks until about 20+ weeks, so that might be the reason? They would have told you at the 12 week scan if it was in a funny place, so don't worry! I keep feeling fluttering and my placenta is at the back - to be fair though it could just be wind ;)
You're 20 week scan will be amazing! And having a nice relaxed baby is good, hopefully they'll be the same when they come out. Mine was a right pain in the bum moving all over the shop at my scan, I was in there for about 40 mins! x

Thanks ladies...
The limbo stage is *really* hard, it's making me really dislike pregnancy, I'm a total worrier anyway but this is making me neurotic! (I think I'm starting to annoy hubby a little bit too!)

I'm sure 20 week scan will put my mind at rest, but between now and then my mind is all over the place worrying that baby won't be ok at scan.

JJMum, I wish I did have a small belly, I'm quite overweight anyway, so now my belly is starting to protrude, I look like a bloody whale, especially around my tummy. :)

I've certainly read the placenta thing. Mine is posterior so getting movement now. I'm still bricking it about the 20 week scan (having mine next week at 20+6), so i bet even if you could feel the movements you'd worry.

Hopefully in 2 weeks time, we will both be worry free and you will be feeling lots of kicks!!!

Thanks ladies...
The limbo stage is *really* hard, it's making me really dislike pregnancy, I'm a total worrier anyway but this is making me neurotic! (I think I'm starting to annoy hubby a little bit too!)

I'm sure 20 week scan will put my mind at rest, but between now and then my mind is all over the place worrying that baby won't be ok at scan.

JJMum, I wish I did have a small belly, I'm quite overweight anyway, so now my belly is starting to protrude, I look like a bloody whale, especially around my tummy. :)

Well in that case yourll be one of those lucky larger bumped ladies who go into mothercare and get offered a chair and everyone will stop to ask when is baby due and wow what a lovely bump, enjoy hun, ill be bigger this time im about 30 weeks by my normal preg size but i used to feel a right fraud buying things , and kept feeling the need to declare my weeks to every cashier and get some service ha . Every baby bump is beautiful even if you dont feel it right now, each werk yourll feel more preg and less fraud like.

What have you brought for baby so far, have you done any girly shopping trips yet?

I've certainly read the placenta thing. Mine is posterior so getting movement now. I'm still bricking it about the 20 week scan (having mine next week at 20+6), so i bet even if you could feel the movements you'd worry.

Hopefully in 2 weeks time, we will both be worry free and you will be feeling lots of kicks!!!

I really really hope so :)

I'd rather be kicked in the ribs daily than worrying about what's going on! :)

Well in that case yourll be one of those lucky larger bumped ladies who go into mothercare and get offered a chair and everyone will stop to ask when is baby due and wow what a lovely bump, enjoy hun, ill be bigger this time im about 30 weeks by my normal preg size but i used to feel a right fraud buying things , and kept feeling the need to declare my weeks to every cashier and get some service ha . Every baby bump is beautiful even if you dont feel it right now, each werk yourll feel more preg and less fraud like.

What have you brought for baby so far, have you done any girly shopping trips yet?

Oh I hope so, I want to milk my pregnancy for all that I can ;)

We've bought nursery furniture (excl cot), the pram and car seat, second hand baby clothes (I see no point in having all new for a newborn) I think that's it really.

Had a nice morning out with my mum last week and she treated me to some new trainers and a new dress, but that's about it really. Feel like a fraud, as you say, so I don't feel like I should be allowed.

Carlee as I got out the car tonight thinking how glum I am and worried. I used to have horrid reassuring symptoms but now I finally feel well I'm worried more! I was thinking that I was worried before my last scan. My next one is 2 weeks Friday. Glad I'm not alone in this worry :)

I have an anterior placenta hun, and it does make a difference to how much movement you feel. It all starts to feel a lot more real after the 20 week scan.

I have a lazy baby - its been lazy at both my scans, and even now, now it has settled into a movement pattern, its not crazy like some people have.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back