Pre pregnancy vitamins?????

leibiloo87

Reaction score
Hi,

I want to get into the best shape I can before TTC I allready exersize and have a healthy diet so I was just wondering is anyone taking pre pregnancy vitamins/supliments? and if so which ones are the best? and how long in advance are you going to start taking them, I was thinking 3 months but im considering starting now!

Thanks

x

Hi!

I am only taking follic acid at the moment. If I do fall pregnant then I will leave it up to my doc to decide if I need to take anything else.

My friend only took folcic acid and her blood tests showed that she wasn't missig/needing anything else. She said to me that it was therefore best to wait till the doc to say if you needed to take anyhi g else as you can maybe take something tht you don't need and end up with too much!

X

ok thank you for the advice folic acid it is then xx

Well I recently went to docs to renew my pill ( for the last time yipee!) and told him I will be TTC soon and was there anything I need to do. I'm in the middle if giving up smoking and will have stopped before I even think of TTC so got a thumbs up there obviously, I excercise regularly, don't really drink and am a healthy weight so his advice

Take any pregnancy supplement (doesn't matter which one once it contains folic acid) starting 12 weeks before you TTC then let nature take its course. His words and as he said this is all thats needed in most cases. So thats what I plan to do.

Yes im thinking of getting the pregnacare conception and starting it now im also going to get the wellman conception for my partner I was looking at them in the pharmacy today and they seam to have all the good stuff in them and also looking at the clearblue fertility monitor (love my gadgets)! allready ordered about 10 books on TTC lol. Even though we have had 2 babys b4 they were never really planned we just let nature take its course but I really want to plan this one perfectly as it will be my last :( good luck everyone TTC or WTT! x

Take Pregnacare their brilliant, I did before, during pregnancy and through breastfeeding! I'm taking them now I'm pregnant again x

Congrats hun! good luck. I just got my pregnacare this morning and the wellman for my OH going to start taking them today! x

I don't think it is too early for you to start taking them hun, best to be prepared!

I have Sainsburys own pregnancy mutivitamins with folic acid, slightly cheaper than the pregnacare version and they seem to contain all the same stuff. I might look into getting those wellman vitamins for my OH, don't know how good he would be at remembering to take them regularly though!

Good Luck!

I'm taking Pregnacare, Oesteocare and Seven Sea Omega 3.

Admittedly i'm not taking the full recommended dose - i just take one table of each before bed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back