pre-pill problems

MrsB

Reaction score
I'm sure I'm not alone in having had quite a lot of problems with AF before i went on the pill (v irregular, severe pain, fainting, etc) and i just wondered what experiences other ladies have had ttc?

Part of the reason i went on the pill in the first place was to do with these problems and i'm just worried that when i do come off it to ttc i won't have a regular cycle so won't know where i am!

i've also had investigations for various problems whilst being on the pill which haven't really shown anything up and my family seems to have a history of problems with conception - There's a 12 yr age gap between me and my sis and my mum had to have an early hysterctomy for gynae probs and now my sister is on IVF due to numerous gynae problems.

sorry to go on, it's just nice to have people to talk to who are in the same boat!

I went on it because of very painful periods.

I had a miscarriage in December and went straight back on the pill.
I've just had to come off it because i was spotting on it and now i need to wait for two regular cycles before going back on it. I cant wait to get back on it. Im in agony at the minute with AF.

I got pregnant because i was on the pill, but didnt take it for a month - and that month i got caught. So it didnt take long for me to ovulate normally again.
Im sure it wont with you either hun. You could always come off it 2 months before you TTC and just use condoms? And maybe start charting for those 2 months so you get the hang of it? xx

thanks charlotteee, so sorry to hear about your miscarriage. :sad:

yeah i thought i'd come off a couple of months before we actually start ttc.

it's a positive that you were able to conceive so soon after coming off the pill though. my period probs sound a bit like yours as well.

thanks for talking about it too, most of my friends aren't really at the point in their lives where they're even considering settling down, let alone babies! if i mention anything about ttc or anything they change the subject!xx

Thats why i dont have many friends. They judge me too much. A friend should be there no matter what xx

so true. i'm glad i finally joined this forum and am able to talk honestly to people who are in the same boat. obviously i can discuss everything with DH but it's so nice to have a girly perspective on things!xx

Yeah, i've come over from the sister site. Its run by the same people as this. Thought i'd try and meet a few new people :) xx

Last edited by a moderator:
I have come off the pill a few months ahead of TTC. I have been on it for so long (13 yrs) I can't really remember what I was like before - I was only 15 when I went on it and only started getting AF's the year before so I didn't give myself much of a chance to become "regular". All I can remember about them was that I never knew when to expect them - so I suppose they can't have been that regular.

Anyway, I came off my pill in Mid-Jan and haven't had an AF since. Trying herbal supplements to try to kick start my hormones but not really getting anywhere fast with them - I'm hoping something might happen soon cause I'm getting spots and I don't DO spots.

Anyway, you shall be in capable hands here on this forum. the girls are all very knowledgable and helpful (if a bit mad).

All the best for when you TTC.
xx

it's definitely good to hear from people who have some experience in these things!

there aren't really many ladies i can get valuable advice/info from so i'm sure i'll be asking many, many more questions in the coming months!xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back