Pre labour pamper days yes or no ladies?

tilly16

Reaction score
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2349111/Bikini-wax-spray-tan-blow-dry--The-women-makeovers-GIVE-BIRTH.html

a week before my due date I have an appointment for a bikini and eyebrow wax (have this every 6 weeks anyway) and a manicure and pedicure and I am planning to wash and straighten my hair when in early labour. Not for the photos but because when I feel good about myself I am generally more positive so think it will help me cope with labour better! Just wondering what your views are ladies? xx

I'm definitely going to pamper! I've had my feet and hands done, a wax and I'm gonna do my makeup and hair before labour!

xxxx

I saw this on telly this morning and to be quite honest I don't think it's got anything to do with anyone else how u want to prepare for labour, I actually can't believe it bothers people.

I pampered myself and washed my hair when I had my kids got a wax and made sure I went to hospital fresh as a daisy. So you go ahead Hun do whatever makes you feel good :)

I just read this too! I was like well we are off work, have plenty of time, are going to be totally "on show", why the hell not paint your nails, wash your hair and tan up a bit?!

I'm regularly tanning just in case! Haha x

I had everything booked and my baby arrived 3 weeks early so I ended up with hairy legs and bad roots! My wax was the next day!!
To be honest when I was in labour I couldn't care less what I looked like, it was just the afterwards trying to faff around shaving shaving my legs when I was sore and stuff!

I've been doing the same, making sure ny nails are fine and been using gradual tan the palmers cocoa butter one! IM only taking care if the top and side part of my lady garden, i heard you need the hair their incase you have stitches, i do it so i feel good x

I've decided I'm making sure my hair is washed and straightened so will be doing that in the early stages if its not already done, make up I'm not fussed about because I know I'll rub it all off anyway and trying to keep on top of the shaving haha!xx

God, the daily mail could make a scandal outta anything! I'm not a vain person but I have my waxing booked in for this Friday in prep for labour. It'll just make me feel better about myself as Laura says you're totally on show so any wee thing helps! Been thinking about getting my hair trimmed cos it's s riot and I know I won't have time for a while after baby's here. I don't care how sweaty, tired or dishevelled I look I would just like the basics covered. My mum is coming round tonight to give me s pedicure bless her. So my tootsies are presentable!

Before anyone mentions regrowth with waxing by the way I find it ten times better than shaving which leaves me itchy and full of ingrown hairs yuk. Waxing much better for me personally x

The night I went into hospital I washed my hair and did my makeup, oh took some pics of me actually In labour on the gas and air, and looking back at them I thought "ooh I looked good", haha then looking at the picture taken straight after he was born, wooooahhh I looked rough! I'd had cold flannels on my head, so my hair was all frizzy and looked yellow, it was all thrown back in some weird 80s george michael style?! My face had no mention of my lovely mac foundation and powder cheeks, it was blotchy and red and yellow and spotty! I looked literally the worst I've ever looked!

So yes it is pointless, but at the same time, why not make urself feel better if u can?! X

Last edited:
I say why not?! I'm sure like many other women u feel better when you've made a bit of an effort so I can't see the problem! Xx

Oh god yes, I'll have my nails & toes done, spray tan, waxes right up to d day as long as the timing is right! My hospital bag contains all my make up too, no way I'm going down without a fight! Lol x

Im just guna attempt to trim up and try and have clean ish hair.. Even tho im sure ill be a sweaty betty after labour and will be showering again anyway!
But i bite my nails, dnt want to get acrylics as ill have sudocrem in my nails lol and a tan is a no go cos im hoping for a waterbirth so see that a tad pointless.

But i will 100000% be packing my makeup, hairdryer and straightners for after!!
They are on the list of things not to forget on our front door lol! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back