Pre Eclampsia! Close to death after my first labour! Scared for my second...

katty1985

Reaction score
Throughout my first pregnancy I felt poorly. I had severe cramps just under my ribcage (ended up staying over in hospital afew times with it) amongst other symptoms. My midwife was useless, she just kept shaking off the fact I was poorly - my urine tests kept coming up positive with protine but my midwife said it was just a urine infection and ignored it, aswell as my other symptoms. I had nearly all the symptoms of Pre Eclampsia! The day I went into labour my midwife persuaded me into having a home birth. I agreed as just wanted the baby out! 12 hours later nothing had happened, I was throwing up and feeling very poorly! An ambulance rushed me to hospital. I had a high dosage of epidural so I was completely numb. I couldn't push or anything lol. The midwives and doctors decided to assist with a ventouse anoth 14 hours later! 10 mins after my baby was born, I complained of being ill and I passed out. I remember waking up every now and again to a handful of midwives and afew doctors swarming over me giving me injections and a drip etc. I saw my husband and Mom crying. I knew it wasn't good! But again I passed out. When I finally came round and had been stable for afew hours a doctor visited and informed me that they very nearly lost me. And that it was Pre Eclampsia and my body had gone into an Eclamptic shock (though I hadn't seizured - I was close) ...I am now hoping for another baby but am absolutely petrified it'll all happen again. What if I do die this time? Answers please.

PS. I forgot to mention - I am very slim so when having my blood pressure taken the reading were not accurate at the band was to large for my arm! *My midwife truely was useless!* When poorlyin hospital they used a childs band on me which took the correct reading showing high BP!

I feel you! I had it in both my pregnancy's and I'm now pregnant again and have been put as high risk and am under a consultant at the hospital! I didn't have any symptoms all through my pregnancy's but did from 36 weeks on! Me and my husband are really scared! I cant remember a lot as it was 12 years ago! I just remember saying that I would never, ever go through that again!

Aww poor you. That's so terrible that it has happened to you each time! I think you'll be ok as long as you have got a good consultant and midwife! I hope for all the best for you. And fingers crossed for me that I don't get it on my second else I too shall be saying "NO MORE!" Xx

I have the same midwife as I did with my first two! She is great, so I am really lucky! I start to see the consultant from my 20 week scan at end of August and my midwife said that I will probably have to have extra scans. I just cant wait to see the consultant to see what they have to say, I am going to let them know how worried we are. How many weeks are you? Maybe try and get under a different midwife? I would certainly let them know your concerns! Fingers crossed all goes well for you and you don't go through it again. I am sure they will keep a close eye on you though for what you had to go through!! Thanks x x

I am not sure if I'm pregnant yet. We have only recently started trying due to the big scare we had on the first one! I am waiting to see if I come on before I take a test. That's great that you have got such a good midwife. Thankfully we have moved house since my last pregnancy (3 years ago) so I will have a new midwife on our next pregnancy. Let me know what the consultant/midwife say! All the best for your future :) xxx

Thanks, I will do.

I am sure after your first experience your new midwife will see what you went through from your notes. Good luck, try not to worry to much as its not good! I keep being told that! Easier said than done!

Let me know also how you get on, oh and my gran only had it once (she had 4 children) so you never know :) x x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back