• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

pre booking session...3eally disappointed

Lilelephant

Reaction score
Had my pre session with midwife today and feel really disappointed. I had loads of questions so thought would be good chance to ask but literally a group of us just got talked to by the midwife and then told she'd ring us with the appointments and then said howw busy she was and that was is no opportunity to ask questions or anything ! Now won't see anyone for 5 weeks as she sees us week 9 grr

I know it's frustrating! Though they don't tend to do proper stuff unroll after 8 weeks as they want to rule out chemical pregnancies and what not. Which is awful because if something were to happen to my little bean before mw appointment im gonna feel so lost!x

Oh no, what a shame Mrs Mc - Ihave never heard of these prebooking things, they did sound like a good idea so that people know what not to eat etc and to take vitamins etc , and next steps. (always seems a bit late to say oh don't eat that by the way - when your already 10 weeks gone!)

I guess as you are on here, you have prob picked up and know far more than the average lady in the prebooking clinic, so perhapls that was why it wasn't so good.

Roll on the next few weeks so you can be seen Hun X

Last edited:
Ahh, I'm sure the time will pass quickly until your proper appointment. I know how frustrating it is though. I had to wait until 10 weeks for any sort of appointment. They don't seem particularly interested prior to this.

sorry it didnt go to plan hun, i was thinking about you today aswell ( that you had your pre booking session).
ive never heard of these, when i was pregnant before i had to wait till 10 weeks. but either way you guys shouldnt of been fobbed off like that, how frustrating!
the time will go by fast with us girls on here, and hopefully your next meeting will be better
xxxxxx

Yeah I just thought it would be nice if we could have questions! I told a few girls about here tho he he. Also I am lucky cos I have my parents neighbour who's a midwife and my auntie was a midwife. But not everyone jas that!

I popped along to have my yearly check at Asthma Clinic yesterday and I wasn't sure at what point the midwife would contact me so I asked. You should have seen my jaw drop when the nurse told me ithey might wait until I'm 12 weeks!! it depends how busy they are.

I decided If I haven't heard by 10 weeksand a bit I'm going to call the surgery and give them a prod. I know scans are usually performed at 12 weeks at the hospital because I used to work with the community midwife team and I think it's reasonable for them to contact me within 2 weeks of going to see the doc.

Sol xxxx

I had visit with my community midwife at about 4weeks just got taljed through basics of what to expect nd what foods to avoid the bookibk un was much better x it will soon fly by as well

Well I guess my midwife must have been listening in cause I got a phonecall at work today. I nearly danced round the office and gave myself away he he :)

2pm on SATURDAY woohoooo I can't believe they work Saturdays :)
she seems really nice amd I am mega excited:lol:

MrsMc I am sure it will come very soon hun I get the feeling I am running behind :)

Mez xxx

Last edited:
I had a pre-booking which was at about 8/9 weeks.. They only booked me in for a nuchal and attempted to take blood (didn't get any so had to see a phlebotamist instead). Apparently the booking appointment is now at 16 weeks, which I could understand as a lot of misscarriages happen in the 1st trimester (experience). I went for my nuchal last night & they asked for my booking notes, which I obviously didn't have.. They were surprised to hear that the booking wasn't being done until 16 weeks and have never heard of it before. Spoke to midwife this morning she said that "Its because you went to the pre booking clinic so have had all the initial talk / bloods / leaflets. You don't need your notes for Nuchal. Your friends who have already been booked probably went to the Dr too late for pre booking clinic" - I guess this is what they do nowadays......

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Salata Sara
Back