Pre-AF spotting

waterlilie

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone had or is having the same problem? my period always start with spotting. It starts as caramel coloured CM the first day then turns into tarry black spotting for 2 or 3 days before the full flow. It's been going on for a year now although it's getting better and only lasts for 2 to 3 days while before it used to last a full week but it's still very disturbing and absolutely disgusting.

I did some research on the internet and it seems quite common but nobody seems to know why it happens. Some say it could be progesterone related but i've been charting and my progesterone levels seem normal, i didnt have any unusual dip and my LP is 14 days. People with progesterone deficiency usually have a very short LP.

Just want to know if any women here have the same problem and if it did affect your chances or conceiving?

i've not experienced this but just a quick :hug: hun. sorry its not ur month- fingers crossed for next cycle- i expect u'll get it finished before i finish this 1 at this rate!!! :lol:
xxx

I ALWAYS spot for anything from 3-7 days before AF comes. Started a few months after I came off the pill.
My progesterone has been checked both before and during taking clomid and has always been fine.
My consultant at the clinic says it's nothing to worry about though.
I agree though it is a pain

Thanks Puds :hug:

Skairdykat, yep, it seems to be fairly common among women who came off the pill and those who had a miscarriage. I've never been on the pill and although my period has always been a bit erratic in the past, i never used to have spotting, it's fairly recent and that's why i am concerned. I'll call my GP tomorrow to make an appointment and have a progestrone blood test.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back