Prawns!

Lulu_Laroo

Reaction score
Are they safe to eat or not? I've read some things saying they're safe, and others saying they're not. I had prawn cocktail at my MIL's last night, assuming they were safe to eat until my sister told me on the phone when I got home she didn't think they were.

Now I'm worried!

Yeah they are fine hun iv eaten them quite a few times this pregnancy and been fine its very confusing isnt it what you can and cant eat!! x

As long as they're cooked they're fine hun x

yeah they are fine my dear

prawns and most seafood things only have a warning because they are the sort of thing that are proned to be cooked wrong etc and make you sick, they dont actually pose a risk to baby :)

Ive been a bit seafood mad recently :D

I've eaten loads of prawn sarnies since getting pregnified and they're fine :)

I thought I wasn't allowed them but my midwife said she'd never even heard about not being allowed prawns! Glad I mentioned it as I couldn't have lived without them!

Yey!! Glad I came across this post as I love prawns and have been avoiding them!

Ok so this is prob a silly question but are the prawns that u get in prawn cocktails and prawn sandwiches already cooked?

Thanks xx

If they are pink they are cooked!
My midwife said prawns are fine, she won't allow liver or pate

That's strange, because I've heard that you're meant to stay away from all shell fish, so prawns are a no-no. Odd that there are so many different schools of thought out there, although I'm not taking any chances!

Ive not had prawns at all because i was told by midwife, doc and in books that shellfish is a no no which includes prawns x

Uncooked prawns are kind of translucent white and black trimmed, when they're pink, like in sandwiches and cocktails, they are fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back