prams for a small car boot.

sarah2807

Reaction score
I don't know how many of you have decided on which pram to buy or have already bought it, but if you can help let me know.. :D
I am researching which ones are ideal before actually going into the shop and trying them out-i'll end up buying the first one I see if I do that so I want it straight in my head which ones are good/reccommended.

Thinking of getting a travel sysyem but wanting baby to lie flat too, plus face me. thought the silvercross freeway looks ideal cos it does both of these and then the car seat can attach onto the pram if you need it to.

Does anyone have one of these and know if they're any good? Would one fir into a small car?
Any other recommendations-especailly that will fit into the boot of a VW Polo?
Cheers :D

I have a new corsa and the boot space isn't amazingly big, i wanted the silver cross deluxe vintage ( classic) but when we went to have a look at it, we now have serious doubts as we really cant see it fitting in the boot of my car.
Really gutted as its the pram i really really wanted.

I know-that's what i'm worried about! I was looking at it thinking it looks ideal then realised if it doesn't fit in the boot and i don't have any other prams in mind I'll be gutted too :(

I'm imagining myself stood :cry: in the pram shop and looking ridiculous!!! :rotfl: :rotfl:

Ask to try it in your car. I went to a Mothercare on a retail park for a little look recently and the shop assistant are very helpful. I was parked right outside the shop. I'm sure they wouldn't mind coming out to your car with you.

Hey, I've got a ka (very small!) and the only pram I could find that fit was from Argos Mamas and Papas for £179.99... It comes with a car seat, raincover, foot muff, changing bag etc and fits perfectly!

http://www.argos.co.uk/webapp/wcs/store ... 7&y=5#tab3

MPPram.jpg

^^That's what it looks like altogether.. (There is a special offer, you get the car seat with it for £179.99)

xxx

on some of the websites and in the boots catologue they give you measurements of the prams folded, this may help

i have a bmw 3 series and although it looks quite a big car the actual boot is small as its a funny shape, you can get more in my mums pug 306!

I have a 106 and it has a small boot so I needed a pram that would fit (which is why I didn't get something with a hard carry cot cos I would have nowhere to put it.) I alse needed somethying with smallish wheels otherwise it wouldn't fit. (that ruled out the Quinny Buzz)

I have M&P Pliko P3 (Pliko + on the M&P site - I have the Eurpoean version which they are still calling the P3) which has a lie flat feature as well as the pushchair and it folds up pretty small and looks like it will fit in my boot fine. I haven't tried it yet as it means taking the shite out of the boot in the first place and I cba :lol: I got my borther to measure the boot and going by the measurements its fine!

We went for a Jane Carrera Matrix - has a lay flat car seat (great to be used as a pram,) it can also be used to face you with the car seat so its like a facing pushchair. My DH has a Clio so we needed soemthing that would fit in his boot.

He is a link with all the specifications on size for you

http://www.toysrus.co.uk/Product.aspx/B ... ane/737046

and the link for th car seat / lay flat car seat

http://www.babyequipmentcomplete.com/pr ... QgodrSsL4A

We did loads of searching on the internet to find the cheapest price and we got ours from babyboom2000 for £289 (pushchair and car seat!)

Only advice i have is once you have found the pushchair you like search the internet as you might get is cheaper!

Happy shopping x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back