recomendations-prams etc

sarah2807

Reaction score
hi, I was wondering if anyone could help me out with the pram/travel system situation. I haven't started looking properly yet (just a bit online) But I don't know where to start????

Would you recommend a travel system? If so which ones?
Is it easier to get a pram and car seat separate then the car seat can stay in the car unless you are carrying your baby in it to relatives houses? (does that make sense?)

We have a fairly small car VW Polo 3 door so we'd need to be able to get it in there too.

Sorry for all the questions-it's just all so confusing! :shock:

I'm getting a Mamas and Papas Pliko + pushchair that coverts into a pram bit with the aid of a soft liner (I am getting the European version thats called Pliko P3 Completo as they have nice colour schemes that us boring Brits :lol:)

This is the UK version, note the stunning colours!: http://www.mamasandpapas.co.uk/product-s0002981/type-s/

I am getting this as I don't have the space for the hard carry cot attachment that comes with the Pramette. If I put that in the car it would have to go on the back seat and my car isn't exactly huge :lol:

The car seat will be staying in the car and the baby will be going into the pram when it is little then the pushchair when it is older. I am getting the compatible car seat so that I can put in on the wheels if required.

I have a 106 GTi - so probably about as much room as u do. The pushchair folds up quite small and fits in my boot.

I suggest u go to local pram centres and see what u like and how small things fold down. Thats what I did and then scoured the internet to find the best deal.

one word- Lozzi! :rotfl:

iv got a graco travel system im very happy with it but lozzi's our expert she can give u detailed reviews :D

Ive got the graco quattro tour travel system and absolutely love it but I doubt it would fit in a polo though. I've got an astra hatchback and it fills it completely.

We've got the Silver Cross 3D system and it's a lovely pram to push as it's nice and light but it's quite long when it's folded up. We've got a Citroen Picasso and in the boot it reaches across the whole length of the boot.

The car seat is heavy (esp with a baby in it!) and weighs a tonne when you're carrying it. I also think that he is going to outgrow it before 9 months! It is also quite big and our seatbelts only just go around it.

ive got the maclaren xlr. really happy with it!
great for getting on bus and trains an its really light.

I bought a Graco travel system and hated it, so ended up buying a Quinny Buzz instead and I love it. I've got an Emmaljunga pram for long walks at home too (I know I don't need 2 but this one didn't fit inthe car and it's a really comfy pram!) I do quite a bit of walking so I hated the plastic wheels on the Graco that I had.....it was really clumpy and uncomfy to push. The car seat is also really heavy, but i'm still using that until I can get him into one that stays in the car (f facing). I never used the car seat on the frame because I wanted Dylan to lie down when I was pushing him about, so it was pointless getting the travel system.

My advice would be to go into a store and try out several, including pushing it about and folding it up & down and checking that it fits in your car. The Quinny buzz fitted in my Clio (got a new car now but it did fit) and is easy to put up & down, and is great to push. The only downfall is that there's not much storage for shopping bags! Happy pram hunting xx

Thanks girls-that gives me some options to look into. It's nice to have somewhere to start and useful knowing others have liked the prams and found them easy/rubbish to use etc.

much appreciated.xxx :)

i love my bugaboo. I have a golf and its tight with the carrycot in the car but you can leave that at home and just clip the car seat on. If you do that there is plenty of room in the car and is so easy!! The bugaboo is so light weight :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back