Pram opinions

Karly1824

Reaction score
Just wondered what prams everyone is going for I am having a real problem deciding what to go for.

I dont want to spend a fortune as we did with Lews and he wasnt in it long enough to justify the money we spent, also with xmas and Lews BD coming we simply cant afford to. But on the other hand Im due in Jan and want something that is realli warm as right from the start baby will be accomanying me on school runs 5 days a wk which is a 15min walk whatever the weather.

Im not so keen on travel systems and would rather a pram TBH but am finding it difficult to find a pram thats under £300

Anyway I have so far ocme up with these and wanted your opinions

http://www.tussypats.com/product_info.php?cPath=33_82&products_id=395
I love the pink/red one and the priceis fab I would get the soft carrycot with it what do ya think?
I also like the purple one lol

This ones plainer but seems a good buy again
http://www.woolworths.co.uk/web/jsp/product/index.jsp?pid=51650733

tell me what ye think I have brain freeze as far as prams goes now :rotfl:

I have the Jeep brand travel system and it's lovely. Really robust without being overly heavy and there seems so much attention to detail (lots of padding and extra in sensitive places etc). My little brother has been in it a couple of time when he has come round and he seems to find it very comfy.

I chose mine over a more expensive M&P one (the M&P was probably prettier although Neil very much likes the fact that it says Jeep on it! :roll: ) because it looked so much more baby orientated and will be very warm and comfy in the winter when baby is born.

Ive got NO idea what we are going to do re prams. I really don't know what type to go for!

I need to get myself down to toys r us or mothercare or something and check and see what type we want. Im swaying towards one that has a seat in front of the other but my aunt used to have one and she said it was really hard to fold down :think:

oh, so many decisions.....

I've got a silver cross, at the moment its lasted quite well, I've had it since rebecca was a baby. I've got the one that starts off as a pram, then turns into a pushchair. Im still using it now. I would love to use it for this baby, But im gonna need a double buggy as rebecca wouod have only just turned 2 when my 3rd comes along.

i love your first choice (first link), have always wanted to get a pushchair with carry cot but its so much more expensive. we went with a travel system again just because its so easy to use the carseat with a newborn. i said before buying id like to wait till last minute to get it so i had a deffinate decision made up. im pleased with my choice but still would have loved to have the extra $4-500 spare and got a quinny with carrycot. ;) ps, the purple is soo cute but i really like the blue too :D

What about the M&P Luna Mix ??
Weve ordered ours and got it a lot cheaper than the high street store from an ebay shop

THIS is the buggy (can be used with car seat if wanted but were just going to go with the carycot.
£225 for buggy and carrycot from M&P Store
http://www.mamasandpapas.co.uk/product-luna-mix-dandelion/277111400/type-i/

and THIS is the deal we got on the actual pushchair
£115 for buggy and we got the carrycot in store for £65 RRP = £180
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BRAND-NEW-MAM...39:1|66:2|65:12|240:1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

The Luna Mix was pretty high on my list, too. ( Until I stumbled over the 20% off Bugaboo Gecko deal. Still could dance in the streets for joy about that one...) Anyway, the Luna Mix fulfills the financial criteria, and the cool thing is, should you get bored of the colour, you could just buy another canopy in a different colour. IIRC, you need to buy extra adapters if you want to add the carseat on, though.

Hi,

This is something i have been agonising over for a long time and have come up with the following choices:

1) Silvercross 3D - This is a great pram and pushchair system that is easy to fold, lightweight and compact. It is less than £300 (£250 from bambino direct) and will last your child up to the age of roughly 4. It also comes with loads of accesories making it a very cost effective choice. It folds with the seat/pram unit in place and fits quite easily into our boot (Saab 9-3) with room to spare. A couple of downsides are that the pram unit isn't massive so if you have a big baby it will not be in the pram long, but the pushchair does lie completely flat. The other downside, and probably the reason we won't be going for it is that it doesn't face backwards in pushchair mode. So if we need to put our baby in the pushchair while it is still quite young we won't be able to see him and make sure everything is ok. There are loads of reviews from parents on Kiddiecare.com

2) Mamas and Papas pliko switch 2 in 1 - This is practically the same pram as above, but with the added bonus that the seat unit can be turned around to face backwards in pushchair mode. It is more expensive (£375) than the Silvercross and you don't get all the extras in the price, but it does look like a very nice system and one of our friends have it and rate it very highly. They had to buy this as a second pram due to the reasons above. They had a very large baby that outgrew the pram while still young but was very sickly so mum needed to see him to make sure he was ok.

I hope this helps and good luck.

Ant

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back