Baby Shower

Sassysugar

Reaction score
My OH arranged a surprise baby shower for me yesterday. I only found out about it last week. It was lovely and I had a great time.

He invited friends and family to come to our house yesterday afternoon. We played different games, which included tasting baby food and working out what flavour it was (didn't realise how bland baby food was), making a collage of what we think blump will look like when he's born, using t-shirt pens and making little pictures on plain baby grows (I did one which says 'born in 2011' on it). We went round the room and everyone had to give me their best tip for becoming a mum! Everyone had brought a photo of themselves as a baby and we had to guess who was who!

Best game that one of my friends organised was pass the parcel. Each layer had a toy, baby grow or something else for blump. She put so much time and effort into it, there were about 10 different presents!

Everyone also brought pressies for blump, he was spoilt rotten and I am very lucky to have such great friends and family!! Great day had by all and nice to see everyone before blump arrives. Love my hubby :)

That sounds gorgeous, you're so lucky to have such a fab hubby xx

Aww wow, what a lovely OH you have! And sounds like you have wonderful friends too! Sounds like a fun afternoon x

That sounds lovely, how thoughtful your OH is!

Aw how sweet! My surprise baby shower went totally wrong when my waters broke on the morning of it!! Lol xxx

Aw how sweet! My surprise baby shower went totally wrong when my waters broke on the morning of it!! Lol xxx

LOL, hope it wasn't the surprise of it that caused your waters to break!

Lol afraid not! I woke up at 4am and waters had gone and text my mates at like 8am to say I was going hosp and they were like omg we have like 20 people coming over in about 4 hours for your surprise baby shower!!! I was like oh no! Owen clearly wanted to cause trouble :p x

Sounds lovely, glad you had a lovely day :)
x

That sounds so so sweet, my husband would never do a thing like that for me :-(
Not cos he's nasty or anything it just wouldn't even enter his head that I might like something like that.
You are a very lucky lady!

Sounds lovely. My OH wouldn't think to arrange one for me. Although I do have a very thoughtful bunch of friends who have said they have something planned. Have been told to keep 29th August free and have been asked who i'd want to have there on a girlie afternoon. No idea what they have planned, hopefully not too much walking and the ability to be near a loo would be good, but if it's anywhere near as lovely as your shower sounds, I'll be over the moon.

I had a joint shower for my sister and i organised, the invites were sent, and then my sister was admitted into hospital for the duration of her pregnancy. She said that she didn't want us to cancel on her behalf but we felt it wouldn't be fair if we had it without her especially as it was mostly our family

Hi there, that would make me totally envious! Glad you had a great time. :) I wonder, but I think other hubbies are just not as crafty and creative nor knowledgeable on the things that we woman love. It's kinda rare for guys to understand spot-on the things that we'd love to have, or just plain awkward about it. Nevertheless, I'm sure they love and care for their family so no worries <3

Aw how sweet of him, your so lucky :)
My sis is organising mine but every single one of the 10 friends she invited for me have declined :( so it will only be a few aunties and cousins coming, but there will be cake so I'm sure I'll enjoy myself anyway :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back