Anyone had PPH??

soulem

Reaction score
I had PPH with this birth and my last. This time I feel awful, really weak and tired. Just wondered whether anyone else had PPH and how you felt afterwards??

Do u mean heavy blood lost? If this what u mean I lost alot & felt awful cos of low iron levels, so tired & lethargic with zero energy. Hope ur feeling stronger soon hun :hug: :hug: :hug:

yeah, heavy blood loss. lost more this time than with my last birth and the lethargy is almost unbearable. cannot keep my eyes open and even slow walking is making me breathless, got severe headaches too which midwife gave me co codamol for but i cant take them cos they make my tiredness even worse.

ive been told that it could take more than a month to return to normal cos my blood count was so low.... ho humget there in the end!!! :(

What was ur blood count hun?

Yeh it took a couple of months to feel like i was back on my feet but it built up gradually, i remember the first 3 weeks being the worst. :hug: :hug: :hug:

i lost 3 n half pints of blood at birth and my blood count went down to 6.7 :? and was offered a transfusion but declined it. (didnt like the thought of having someone elses blood and id already had enough drips in me!)
they did say it could take months to feel normal again, but i took iron 3 times a day and id say by about 4 weeks i was feeling much more better.

i recently had a blood test and it showed my iron was back to how it was pre preggo :hug:

Blood count went below 7, can't remember how much. I'm on the tablets 3 times a day too so hopefully it should be up again. It's hard enough having sleepless nights without the lethargy to go along with it!!!

How much did your babies weigh?? Docs all said it was because I have big babies and large placentas! :shock:

I had severe blood loss after Tia, my blood count went down to 4.5 and it was touch and go whether or not I would have made it through that first night... I vaguely remember consultants and mws round my bed fussing and Tia being taken to the nursery....but I was so out of it..... :roll: I know I had to have an emergency transfusion though as its on my notes. Tia was 3.9kg (8lb9oz) and it was due to my retained placenta that I started to haemorrhage...when the surgeon finally got it out, he said it was a huge placenta... so maybe its true that big babies have big placentas :think:

As HC said, those first 3 weeks were hard... I was completely drained and I really struggled to cope as I was on my own...my ex refused to help, my parents lived 2000 miles away...but I was having weekly injection of iron then went on to tablets after a month. But it was at least 6 months before I started to feel normal again...

on the upside... the second time was like clock work...my body just knew what to do and I felt normal again within 3 weeks :)

but it gets better... :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Ellie was 7lb 11oz so not huge, my blood count went down to 7.2 and i think the epistotomy could have had something to do with more blood loss aswell but not sure, nothing is explained to you is it?!

christopher was 10lbs 14.5oz at birth and after the birth i lost a fair bit of blood but nothing bad and it had slowed right down the day after the birth BUT... a week after he was born i was about to get into the bath so i had a wee first and i stood up to get into the bath and OMG i had blood pouring everywhere and i mean pouring..i panicked shouted OH who came in and went pale in shock id allready gone theu 4 pads 10mins so i grabbed a towel and stuck in it knickers (looked like a fecking adult real type nappy :oops: )

got OH's parents to rush ova and baby sit while we rushed to casualty i told the nurse what happend and she rushed me straight thru . once on labour ward i was still pouring with bloood so was given a number of drugs to slow it down. swabs/blood was taken

they got my results bck and suddenly gave me an antibiotic a very strong dose too. but they fobbed me off with the excuse of "u had a big baby u have a large raw area of blood vessles it will bleed" but once i was home afetr 48 hours in hospital my midwife came to check me and looked at my antibiotics in shock as they were so strong. so she ran the lab and was told i had a nasty infection brewing but the antibitics had killed it so they dont know what it was. my midwife was horrified that they had told me it was down to him being big and not warned me that i had an infection that was sever :shock: :shock: :shock:

anyway i stopped bleeding a week later after takin a weeks worth of antibiotics/clotting/iron.

did any of u ladies get told why u had a PPH ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back