Potty training question

PinkPunch

Reaction score
I sometimes wonder whether or not my DD is ready for potty training. When she has a dirty nappy she will pull down her trousers or just hoke at her nappy. When she's running about upstairs naked before her bath, she will go into the bathroom and try to pee on the floor!

The thing is, she is only 20 months and I'm due another baby in 3 weeks time! So I wont be able to take her to the toilet every 30mins but then again if she's ready maybe I should be encouraging it? She's very clever and will get the idea really well but I just don't think I will have the time to follow through the whole process being heavily pregnant and then have a young baby.

What would you do??

Hi there,
I'm not an expert by any means, but i would probably leave it for now. Your DD is showing lots of positive signs but i wouldnt think she is quite ready. My DD is the same age and is doing these same behaviours, so at the moment i am just sitting her on the loo before a bath and asking if she needs a wee wee. You could maybe leave a potty lying around? if you werent due a baby, it could be worth persuing, but in honesty i think she is still abit young (although you do hear of children this age who have been trained, though i think its probably quite rare)

Thanks swoon, your probably right. I was just scared of missing some window of opportunity that would pass lol.

We trained Adam at about 20 months and it took us 1 weeks but i admit it was really hard especially when we were out and about. But maybe now is the best time to try before the new baby comes as i know my friend had trouble getting her son out of nappies because he wanted to be like baby. Let us know how you get on hunny x x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We trained Adam at about 20 months and it took us 1 weeks but i admit it was really hard especially when we were out and about. But maybe now is the best time to try before the new baby comes as i know my friend had trouble getting her son out of nappies because he wanted to be like baby. Let us know how you get on hunny x x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hmm I didn't think of how she might copy the baby. I think I'll buy a potty and just let her sit on it when she's not wearing anything & see what she makes of it. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back