postnatal bleeding confused

trixipaws

Reaction score
i bled properly for about a week and a half after having my baby, then it tailed off to like normal discharge but sometimes pink and spots of blood occasionally. yesterday there was no pink or blood at all, but i felt mild period-type pain. today theres some bright red blood with a small clot.
os this a period? its 4 weeks since i gave birth so it'd make sense but as i'm breastfeeding i thought i wont get periods? :?
it hurt when i tried to hav sex but apart from that theres no pain, and theres no smell. but im still concerned.
can any1 advise?

im not sure hun.

but im fairly sure that you still get periods when breastfeeding.

Im sorry I cant help you hun but just wanted to say-

OMG Its been a month since you had your girl :shock: It only seems like yesterday :hug: :hug:

Hi Trixipaws.

Nothing to worry about at all. Lochia comes and goes. It took six weeks with me. It would tale off to nothing and then suddenly whoosh!

All completely normal though...... :hug:

tangerinedream said:
Im sorry I cant help you hun but just wanted to say-

OMG Its been a month since you had your girl :shock: It only seems like yesterday :hug: :hug:
i know, it does! and shes growing up so fast!

Sammystar said:
Hi Trixipaws.

Nothing to worry about at all. Lochia comes and goes. It took six weeks with me. It would tale off to nothing and then suddenly whoosh!

All completely normal though...... :hug:
are u BFing too?

no, only for the first three weeks this time, but I did with my girls and the bleeding was pretty much the same. With Molly I had my first period after about two months, even though I was BF-ing......

i bled on and off for weeks with all of mine.....be careful if your not trying for another as i caught 8 weeks after my second :shock:

If there was something left inside this far after the birth you would prob feel a little unwell and you would notice a smell.

Natural mamma said:
be careful if your not trying for another as i caught 8 weeks after my second :shock:

were u breast or bottle feeding?

I'm BF, it took about 4 or 5 weeks for the blleding to stop and it was off & on - there'd be nothing for a few days then a whoosh of loads! Lovely eh?

I still haven't had a period since Austin was born, it's fab!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back