How long after Postnatal bleeding did period return

Emma58

Reaction score
Again my post natal bleeding had really slowed down since the weekend and there was hardly anything at all just a few spots of blood.
Yet again today I am bleeding bright red blood again about the same as a regular period but earlier on I noticed when i went to the loo (sorry TMI :oops: ) there were a few small clots - really tiny I suppose they could have been membranes left over or something.

How do you know when postnatal bleeding has stopped and periods have returned is there a long gap in between? I stopped B Feeding about 2 weeks ago.
Also I feel like I have period pains today been really head achey all week too.

I stopped postnatal bleeding around 12 days after giving birth. I then had a clear break until 6 weeks when I got my normal period - although it was heavier and contained a lot more clots than usual.

I really think it's different for each person. Sorry not much help :hug:

nearly 6 effing weeks I bled for... it would trail off then come back again. :wall: :wall: :wall: I'm still waiting for a period though... :think:

Everyoes different i think. I bled for 4 weeks after he was born then had a week with nothing. then started again which i asumed was my period, it was very light and sort of on/off for another 2 weeks! when i had my 6 week check up i asked for the pill and for the first 2 months i bled on/off despite being on the pill! :roll: finally on the tird packet i seemed of gone back to normal i had a period on the break which is just finishing now to take my fourth packet. Its alot lighter than before i had my son? :think: im not sure if thats to do with having a baby or the pill but im just about back to normal now after 4 months!

That happened to me too. It went, came back, went, came back and continued like that for a while. It really depended on how active I was too! On days I rested, it was much less than on days I was out and about and lifting things etc.

I'm still the same now and have no idea what's going on!

My postnatal bleeding lasted for approx 4 weeks. I had a few weeks bleed free(!) but have just started AF and as mentioned in a previous post pain free!!! :dance:

Gene
xxx

I can't go on the pill yet :( GP said because i started with Migraines in last few weeks of pregnancy and still getting them i need to wait and see if they settle down and wait for bleeding to stop

I bled heavy for about 2 weeks then on/off for about another 3 weeks. Not had a period yet & hoping i dont for a while :lol:

I was wondering this :think:
I stopped breastfeeding 6 weeks ago and still nothing, except a tiny bit of blood when I wipe and stabbing pains in my side! I had the coil fitted on Friday so it's probably that.

I bled for a week after birth then stopped and that was it nothing since then. I'm not complaining :D

lucyk said:
I bled for a week after birth then stopped and that was it nothing since then. I'm not complaining :D

Lucky you! :( no fair

I stopped bleeding about 2 weeks after birth and still haven't had a period.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back