• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

POST NATAL DEPRESSION

staffy

Reaction score

Just over five years ago i had my first child. It should have been the happiest moment of my life as we were told we would never have children and we were on the waiting list for IVF. It didn't work out that way though :( After having my daughter i had PND, i got so bad they nearly sectioned me :oops: In the last 12 months though, i have got myself right, it took a long time of meds and counselling but i did it in the end :moon:
I'm now 10 weeks pregnant. I'm scared and pleased at the same time. What if i get PND again? Anyone got any advice? Getting a bit anxious :?

Hiya,
Be very open and honest with your midwife about your fears. I take it if you were nearly sectioned then youmust have some sort of counsellor. If not, get them to get you one and hopefully if it does rear its ugly head then there is something in place.

Are you with the same partner that was with you the last time hun?

Hi Laura :D

I've told my midwife everything, she says thats one of the reasons i'm under a consultant at the hospital as well as because i had an emergency section. Yes i'm with the same partner, he says he's gonna keep a close eye on me lol.

well hun, there isnt much more you can do :wink:
You know what to look out for as do the other people. I truly hope it doesnt happen. You take care and enjoy being pg :D

well you seem to have a very positive attitude id say don't worry to much about it and talk if you do start feeling low. i hope everything goes well and have a healthy pregnancy :D

Wishing you the best of luck hun!

You sound like you will be in good hands what with your MW, Consultant, OH and the fact you have been there before hun, you will be a bit more aware of possible symptoms!!

But just because it happened last time does not mean it will happen again babe.......keep that chin up & don't bottle anything up :wink: :hug: xx

just becoz you had PND once doesnt necessacerily mean you'll get it again. my auntie had 5 children and had it wtih her first and her 4th and not with the rest. If you express your concerns with your midwife they will help you im sure.

also i think if u worry yourself to death about gettin ti then your gonig to be in a state of anxiety throughout pregnnacy and afterwards and then more likely to be vunerable to it.

good luck, wishing you a happy and healthy 9 months and there after xxx

yep i agree with tam and lozzi it doesn't mean for a minute you will be that unlucky to get it again and cos everyone is aware they will keep a close eye on you and know what to look out for. you will be fine try to enjoy your pregnancy :hug:

Thanks all, for yoyr kind words. The problem is i worry too much :roll: Afterall i could be worrying about nothing. So for now, i'm going to try and enjoy my pregnancy :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Briguebbon
Back