Post c-section bladder....do I still have one lol?

BabyBrain

Reaction score
I can't feel my bladder any more. The only way I know it's full is my wound hurts. I'm not sure if it's the sudden change from feeling like it's full again as soon as I got off the loo when I was pregnant or if I've lost the feeling. I've not lost any control over it so it must be working fine.

Because my c-section was an emergency my wound isn't very neat and they couldn't stitch it all the way along, it goes from the top of my left groin all the way over to the right, it seems bigger than a lot of c-section scars I've seen. I don't know if this is because they had to push Bertie out rather than pull him, not sure. It's healing fine and no problems apart from my bladder. They spent quite a long time rooting around in there after Bertie was delivered and checked my cysts etc.

Anyone else experienced this numbness? Did the feeling return? xxxxxxxxx

My bladder is ok but skin is sore from stitches and upwards of 4 inches, have rather too much feeling :( did they catch your bladder by mistake? I know a perforated bowel is not uncommon xx

Not that I'm aware of. I've had no blood in my wee or pain in my bladder as such, no infections or anything *touch wood*. It's just weird that I don't feel it being full until my wound hurts and I end up peeing like a race horse

Oh god lol like the indignity of pregnancy and giving birth wasn't enough xx

I got this after my last c section (I've had 3!) and the feeling did return :)

I know exactly what you mean about not really feeling any urgency to go, took months to sort itself out but I do 'feel' when I need to go now. I had the same with the soreness when my bladder was full and I found it hurt emptying my bladder esp when it was very full. Drink plenty of fluids and just keep making sure you nip to the loo regularly and your body will soon return to normal :) xxx

My section scar is unusually large too ive been told and not very neat at all, mine was an emergency one too.

No problems with feeling in my bladder but my stomach is still numb especially round the wound area (which is a good thing with everything ive had going on with it)

Im hoping the feeling comes back xx

yes BB i had this! i am getting the feeling back now, it was very strange it was really bad at the beginning :s

im on anti-biotics due to pain everytime i wee now and doesnt seem to be clearning up too quickly, i posted about the pain when i wee in the third trimester questions i think and it still hasnt gone from then but i think the rooting around and having a catheter has made it worse.

its weird going for such long wees now, i forgot what a non pregnant bladder is like its taken some time to adjust!! xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back