C-section oozing?

TashaWink

Reaction score
Hi girls,

Just woke to find my knickers and bed drenched from my c-section incesion. Woke my OH up to check on it and he confirmed it was. I have put a pad on it and will call my docs in the morning. Just wondering if tis is the right thing to do. Did anyone else ooze? I think it's clear with a tinge of blood. It has been hurting over the last day too...sharp pains that even he painkillers don't hide!

Thanks
Tasha

Get to the doctors in the morning if you're not happy with. I felt that I had an infection up there because the blood down below really really smelt and so I got given a course of antibiotics and it cleared it up :) x

Hi Hun I have no experience but didn't want to read and run, I'd try and get fresh air to it as much as possible unless you have dressings that are breathable xx

Im in the middle of an infection in that area :( but its not the whole line thats infected its part of it and its gone into an ulcer type wound :(

Tmi but mine had a horrible smell, the first time i noticed it got straight to gp and on 2 lots of tablets etc and im still suffering 4wks later!

Just finished 3rd lot of anti b's too so my advice would be to just go today if you can and get it checked out hunni better safe than sorry wouldnt wish this im dealing with on anyone xxx

Hi, I had the same thing but 1 day after being discharged from hospital. Apparently alot of women have a small area on scar that takes longer to heal and wil release any excess fluid (acts as a drain). My mw didnt tell me this and i ended up in a & e as it leaked with alot of force as i picked lo up. Mine was a clear fluid wit a hint of blood/pinkness to it. They gave me lactose to ease any bowel pressure and antibiotics. It leaked slightly again 2 weeks later and gp gave me another course of antibiotics. Been 2 weeks now since last leak and got my postnatal check up today so hoping its healed. Best thing is to book in drs, get it checked out and shower the area twice a day with soft sponge and shower gel, dabbing not rubbing, rinse and pat dry wit a clean towel. Its over 7 weeks since my c section and im more achy now at times than after pain killers ended. My friend said even after 6 mths she would get pain pushing a trolley.

My advice would be get gp appt and keep area clean and dry.

Went to docs. She said it looks fine quite common, could of had a small bleed behind the incesion. She put dressing on it and said to hair dryer it after baths! I took a salt water bath today too so hoping that would help.

Glad you got it sorted hunni and thank god its not infected.

Ive gotta have salt baths too they're ace for healing wounds xx

Glad all was ok in the end, helps to keep lots of air to the scar if you can rather than covered up

Mine weeped a little bit and the weeping smelt. I can only describe the smell like when you have your ears pierced and it goes sore :puke: Def use hair dryer and I washed it with the shower head.

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back