Post birth sciatica/carpal tunnel

firstfreakout

Reaction score
Morning ladies

Just wondering for those who were unfortunate enough to struggle with back pain/SPD/carpal tunnel or any other pregnancy related pains - how long after birth, if at all, did it take for these pains to ease or go away?

I've been suffering with back pain for the whole pregnancy and for the last trimester carpal tunnel in my hands/wrists, which upon waking I can't bend the fingers on my left hand.
MW/GP seems adamant the carpal tunnel will go as the swelling goes after birth, but with the sciatica - as I already had some back issues before pregnancy - I'm worried it'll stay there forever :(

Any advice?
Thank you :)

My carpel tunnel went a few weeks after birth :)
Sciatica and hip and back pain still here 7 months on though:( I hope it's different for you!!xx

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Thanks for the reply! I hope it goes away before going back to work otherwise I have to change roles due to not being able to be physically fit :(

Carpel tunnel went a couple of days after birth (c-section) and the hip pain eased a few weeks after but back pain sciatica still an issue nearly 6 years on unfortunately xx

Is the back pain as crippling as it was while pregnant, or are you still able to get on with every day activities?
Asking because I had some back pain before pregnancy which was managed through deep tissue massages, but I work in an active role so if I'm not able to pass particular fitness tests that's my job out the window :(

Mine isn't as bad as in pregnancy. I can function etc by end of pregnancy I really struggled to walk at all xx

Well I'm 5 weeks pp and my carpal tunnel is as bad :(

Well I'm 5 weeks pp and my carpal tunnel is as bad :(

That's really crappy :( I wear a wrist splint to bed which helps MOST of the time but I still can't make a fist with my left hand...
And I'm absolutely terrified the sciatic pain won't go away and I won't be able to return to full duties in my career :wall2:

Then I really hope yours goes away :( Mine isn't awful, but I can't put weight on it in certain positions/movements. So holding my baby hurts in the normal position :/ I will ask the GP about it at my 8wk appointment.

My carpal tunnel went away after 6-7 weeks postpartum but my SPD... I can still feel it from time to time. Usually when I wake up and have been lying flat on my back. Hope it goes away soon!
Good luck hun!xx

Thanks for all your replies everyone. I saw the muscular skeletal team very early on pregnancy for it and did some physio days so hopefully I can get some help with it after the birth!

I had horrendous sciatica in my last pregnancy as was actually hospitalised for 3 days at 34 weeks so I was in so much pain constantly and felt like my back and leg were on fire. I saw a chiropractor a few times in the pregnancy which eased it slightly for a few days. But thankfully it went away pretty quickly after the birth. My leg even 16m later still has a numbness feeling in the back of my calf but it doesn't hurt or cause any problems thankfully. I hope the pain goes for you after you've had your baby xx

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

My sciatica too ages to heal and went to physio a few times but it definitely helped eased it

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back