SPD and Carpal Tunnel after birth

Rheych

Reaction score
Hi girls, I am due on 29th Jan and been suffering with SPD and carpal tunnel for the past few months, just wondered if any of you had either while you were pregnant and how soon after baby arrived did they DO ONE :lol:

Hi Rheych, i'm hoping it's quite soon after! Not suffering with SPD but the carpal tunnel is bad enough, i've forgotten what it feels like to have feeling in my fingers! So with your SPD too, i feel for you :hugs:

Fingers crossed everyone can say, straight after birth you're back to your old self (although I have a feeling it may be a little longer!!)

Er, Well I had both. The good news.....the carpal tunnel went very quickly, the pain lifted after a few days, and the numbness within a few weeks. I had had it from about 20 weeks and was wearing splints most of the time. As for the SPD, I had it from about 10 weeks and was signed off work for the last three months of my pregnancy and on co codamol regularly for pain relief. I can't say it got any better straight away, now 6 months on I still have pain but it's nowhere near as bad as it used to be and really only when I exert myself. Fro some people it does go the day baby arrives though so it might do for you. My GP has said it's fairly normal for the hormones still to be affecting ligaments for up to a year after birth so I'm hoping it will be gone by then!

good question, I have SPD (finally admitted it to midwife and she confirmed lol) and i suffered with a bad back before pregnancy and have a horrible feeling that the hip problems arent going to go away in a hurry! which is anoying. i think taking cod liver tablets and exercise may help after we have lo's

I have decided and planned that for the babys afternoon nap im going to go walking with the baby in the carrycot part of the pushchair while the baby sleeps i can push and get exercise! my dog will thank me for this too lol! x

Lexi I can't wait to go for a walk but with the SPD it's impossible at the moment, that's why I want it to pis of when babay is here so I can take baby and my lvely new pram out for a massive walk. I have also signed up for the Manchester 10k which is the second weekend in May so I need to get training properly too :wall2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back