Possibly pregnant...

I think you should speak to the nurse and do another pregnancy test hun. You can still have light periods and be pregnant. Look uner the posts periods during pregnancy! I would stop taking the pill until you get a straight answer. Dont worry if you are cos some people still get pregnant on the pill and have ok pregnancies. Try not to worry hun. x My tests are only just showing im preganant and im shit scared of miscarying as it happened this time last year so I know how you must be feeling. I was thinkng of goning back on the pill if this time im not pregnant. :?

i have just had a light bleed too Missy. I rang the docs and they said the test didnt work so now I have to do another one. :!: Im so scared that I may be miscarying again as my tests came up positive. I had a warm bath so maybe I shouldnt have. The receptionist isnt happy with the service i am getting so she is seeing if I can see another doc as mine is not in today. If thay ak me to go to A & E, Im not. I feel like my worst nightmare is happening all over again. :cry: :( :roll: :shock:

I went through this too and now have a healthy baby girl, keep your chin up and if they tell you to go to A&E think of your baby and go. Hope all is ok

MAnda x

i have been feeling really down today as I have had af pains and have just come on! Im hoping im not pregnant this time as I dont want to go through the hurt and pain again. I think I got my hopes up and my boyfriend really doesnt understand how im feeling. He cant show his feelings and has avoided me most of the day. Im glad ive got you girls to talk to. Hope you are ok Missy? maybe we are both pregnant or just having a really indecisive period! :cry: Keep your chin up x :?

hello, sorry ive not been on again ive had a few things going on.
So as i started to mention in my last post i took my pill for the first 21 days then i took my 7 day break.
On the 2nd day of my break i had extremly heavy bleeding, i passed large blood clots and i was in a lot of pain.
I felt similar to my miscarriage last year so i was very scared.
I told my mother and she told me it was the pill that had made me bleed heavily.
I rung up the NHS at around 2 in the morning but it took very long to explain the whole thinking i was pregnant and then getting a period etc. She told me if my bleeding didnt stop by th sunday then i would need to go to get it checked out at my doctors.
So the sunday comes and there had been no improvements.
In 2 hours i had completely soaked through everything, even my jeans, i rung up the NHS again and they told me i had to go to hospital immediatly.

I get to the hospital, she took a urine test, i was there for around 8 hours and i don't know if they checked to see if it was a m/c or not but i was told by the doctor it was a heavy period.
I found that very hard to believe, along with everything i couldnt comprehend as to how bleeding that bad especially with the size of the clots i passed that it was a heavy period.

I went to see the nurse and even she couldnt tell me what was wrong. So by now i don't know what it was and no one told me whether it was a m/c or not.

I took the pill again for another 21 days as she told me to. Im on the 4th day of my break now and no sign of my period? I havent had sex but this makes me wonder. Was it a m/c? Maybe thats why i havent got my period because if i did m/c then my body hasnt healed.

Well thats the update.
Puff puff how are you?

Missy sorry what you're going through hun, but if it's any consolation my younger cousin suffers with really bad periods just like what you described, every month she has to have a couple of days off school as she feels so poorly and leaks everywhere, she also looses big clots, i hope this makes you feel a little better i'm sure if it was a miscarriage they would have told you.

Yeah, I had never had problems with my periods before.
I came on today so im ok now.

Hi Missy,
Havent been on here for a while as my computer crashed!!!! :shock:
Im sorry to hear of the pain you went through and glad you have now had a period and your body is back to normal. I too had the same symptoms and a delayed heavy bleed but no pain like last miscarriage, only mild cramps. Im glad this happened on my week off as I would have been an emotional state. :( Anyway, I went to the doctors and he was awful to me and said it was just my period! I bought those opks this month and fingers crossed I get that BFP and if not i will be sad if my AF starts 13th May! Been feeling really hot and sicky but will have to wait and see.
((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))))))))))))

Hi Missy, your body does strange things hun, glad you're better now.

Good luck puff puff.

Hi,
Have just had this horrible brown sticky discharge again on the time of my period and im now wondering if this is the reason im not getting pregnant as it is something to do with my blood. Think I might try the half an asprin thing as I feel I cant hold onto my baby. Missy, was your discharge thick and sticky? I feel strange and wish i knew what was happening to my body! :wall:

Puff Puff are you pregnant? i had this for 4 weeks when i was pregnant with Abi :)

Hi manda,
My period started today so im not convinced im pregnant but I know you had periods through your pregnancy so you never know! I have been feeling unwell lately and been suffering from hot flushes lately. Hoping im not going through an early menopause! :shock: lol

Hiya, i didn't have periods through pregnancy, my mum did though, i had bleeding for 4 weeks which they think was from abrasions on my cervix then at 11 1/2 weeks i had a huge bleed with tissue which they think might have been a miscarriage of a twin other explanation was part of the placenta.

Good luck

Hi Manda, Im sorry to hear that and it must have been upsetting for you. Abi is a georgous baby and you must be so proud of her. I have booked an appointment at the doctors today with a different doctor so fingers crossed I will get some answers and help. Did your pregnancy tests show up positive? During my last pregnancy, they told me I had an abraision and did several internals which I still think caused the miscarriage. Im not going to dwell on the past but I wont be having any internals, thats for sure.
Whats it like down under?! :)

how did you get on at the drs puff puff? :?:

Just got out of doctors and he was so much more helpful than the other doctor I see. He is going to investigate and has booked my OH in for a sperm test, much to his disgust! I am booked in with the nurse for tests on wednesday so things are looking up. :) Any luck with you Rusks?
Puff puff x

no not feeling anything out the ordinary, got a few days before af due though. kind of convinced myself its not this month, i think i would be feeling something by now 4-5 dpo.

glad to hear the ball is rolling for tests do you feel a bit happier about the whole thing? poor oh going for sperm test but then he has to understand that you are also enduring tests that you would rather not have to pursue in the quest for the baby you both want.

Glad things are being investigated and hope you get good news :)

My whole pregnancy was a nightmare it started with all the bleeding early on then the big bleed at 11 1/2 weeks followed by incompetent cervix, then the birth wasn't any better and ended with Abi in SCBU and me in theatre as i retained the placenta and lost over 2 litres of blood :shock: i am informed this is half your blood :shock: :shock: , i still think about the bleed at 11 1/2 weeks a lot and wonder if it was a twin, i know what i saw in the material i passed and convinced it was a baby, see this post http://pregnancyforum.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8474

As for living in Oz, i'm heading back to the UK next Sunday :clap: :clap: :clap: :dance: :dance: :dance: which as you can see i'm really happy about, i'm really homesick and OZ or at least this part isn't the paradise eveyone thinks about and it's really expensive, my OH is a policeman so we get to see all the s#!t that goes on too, drugs and prostitutes galore! whats the saying? the grass isn't always greener and it's true believe me. Don't think the problem pregnancy and birth helped either being on my own, not having family here.

Anyway enough of that i'm keeping my fingers crossed that things work out for you, and despite all the heartache and pain i've gone through (also had a miscarriage in 2004) i would go through it again although will have to wait a few years until Abi can fend for herself as will be on bedrest again :(. She's a fantastic baby and was worth everything and one day when the time is right you'll get your bubs too :)

Here's a few up to date pics of Abi
;)

May06Abi8Resized.jpg

May06Abi16Resized.jpg

May06Abi20Resized.jpg

Oh by the way it's freezing here in Oz too :? :shakehead:

Hi Manda,
Im sorry to hear of all the heartache and pain you went through and you wil never forget that but time will heal. I still think of my miscarriage and something awful that the nurse did to me which I cant even speak about.The recent pictures of Abigal are lovely and it must be hard not to think about a posible twin but she is lucky to have survived and im sure when the time is right, she will have a little brother or sister. My sister s friend had twins who later died a few days after they were born and it broke her heart. i cant even imagine ho she felt. She now has a healthy little boy and is trying for another baby. It is great that you are heading back to the UK to see your family.
(((((((((((BIG HUGS)))))))))))))) to you hun x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back