Possibly breech - presentation scan - bit freaked

helsbels

Reaction score
Oh bum! I saw my lovely MW this morning and she thinks LO is probably breech and so I am having a presentation scan at 9 on Thursday morning. Am now having complete vapours about foetal abnormalities which may make it breech - ridiculous I know but can't stop thinking about it :(

Please wish me luck girls for thursday and :pray: she is wrong.
Thanks and :hug:

Babies can turn right up til the end...so dont worry about it being breech right now, hopefully LO will be enjoying a few somersaults before he/she gets tucked the right way :) :hug:

Hi hun

Around 34/35 weeks my MW sent me for a scan believing baby to be breech, MWs at the hospitals had a feel and thought the same, then waited an hour, had scan and he was head down and engaged!!

He stay engaged right until the day before birth, then flipped to complete breech. He was born perfectly healthy and has no problems so I'm sure all will be well hun :pray: :hug: xx

I'm sure LO will turn round the right way :hug: Good thing is that you are still quite a few weeks away from your due date :D

Hiya

Try not to worry...firstly your baby still has time to turn! Also each midwife has different techniques when they palpate you and one midwife can feel that the baby is one way round, another midwife can think the opposite! This sort of thing happened to me twice after 37 weeks. I was sent straight to hospital twice and almost admitted for the remainder of my pregnancy because a midwife thought my LO was transverse and another time because it was suspected that she was breech! Both turned out to be wrong- my LO had been and always was head down- I pretty much knew this but they check you out even if there is the slightest suspicion. It's better to be safe than sorry.

Even if your baby is breech there are still plenty of options open to you to try to turn them. Your midwife should fill you in.

Good luck for the scan on Thursday- make the most of it- enjoy seeing your LO and if they are breech- tell em to turn around!

:hug:

There's still time hun!!

Good luck for Thursday :hug: xxx

I'm sure everything will be fine and they still have loads of time left. Good luck :hug:

I was in the same position as you when I was 36 weeks. I went for the scan and baby was head down!

Try not to worry :hug:

The same thing happened to me and I had a scan at 37 weeks to find her head down engaged (she was still breech a few days before the scan). There is still loads of time for baby to turn.
:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Ah thanks everyone, really appreciated your reassurance. Have my sensible head on again and feel better today.
Have a ton of these :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Good luck with the scan, hope baby is head down for you.

I've been through something similar, baby kept flipping between breech and transverse. The midwife was sure that it was still breech but at my consultants appointment last week turns out it is head down but not engaged.

Lucy was breech and I was sent for a scan at 37 weeks, and she had turned! Most babies do so try not to worry too much!

Good luck tommorrow- hope the scan goes well and that baby is head down xxx :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back