what are the chances...

*Star*

Reaction score
i got bfp's on the 22nd.
on the 27th i started bleeding, and the bleeding has now stopped.
i got a bfn on a digital test on the 27th.
but i just took another test now, a clear blue test, and there is a faint positive.
any chance i could still be pregnant?
i pretty much doubt it, the line was faint, and i know i used night time pee, but still?

who said u had misscarried hun? sorry if i am being thick but if you only had a light bleed may be it wasnt a misscarriage :hug:

well, i just assumed i had, because i was bleeding pretty heavy, and clotty and the test i took was a negative.
so i assumed that it was a chemical preg, and my levels had dropped enough for me to start bleeding.
i've bled since the 27th, like an normal period.

It could be one of two things:

1) You were pg, and are now no longer pg. The HCG levels in your urine have fallen to a level not detectable on a digital, but still detectable on the clear blue. HCG can take a few days to get out of your system.

2) You were pg, and still are. For whatever reason, the digital didn't pick up, and the bleeding was implantation rather than mc.

Sadly, I think if today's line was faint, it's more likely to be the first explanation - the line really should be much darker a week later. Do another test tomorrow and if there's still a line, make an appt with your doctor urgently. They will do blood tests and monitor the situation. If you have bleeding and low/falling HCG levels, but HCG is still showing in your urine, they should check it's not an ectopic pregnancy, which can be dangerous. Also, if you're in any sort of pain, see your doctor.

HTH :hug:

yeah im thinking i still mc, but the bleeding is the same as when i lost the twin last Oct.
i had a two pack of the clear blue +/- i took one after i got the neg on the digital test and that was neg too. then it was positive tonight

I don't want to get your hopes up but could there be a possibilty you are carrying twins again>??

I really think you need to get down to the docs office as an urgent and get your bloods redone hon...

Sorry thats so confusong for you I hope it works out and theres some good news?

xxx

i really don't know.
there's been no history of twins so it was a big shock i even fell pregnant with one twin pregnancy, i'd find it amazing if it was two...

*Star* said:
i really don't know.
there's been no history of twins so it was a big shock i even fell pregnant with one twin pregnancy, i'd find it amazing if it was two...

what about your partner? I hope it works out for you honey

xx

thanks
twins are only passed down on the mothers side, so even if there was a history on his side it wouldn't mean anything

Twins are passed down mums side mostly but can happen regardless. And I've heard are more common as you get older. Regardless you should go to the docs. Hope everything is OK for you :hug: let us know.

Hiya hun, i think it depends on which tests you are taking, after my loss i was still getting BFP's right up until i had another AF so for around 40days, i found the clearblue non word ones to be more sensitive so that could explain why they are still showing up on them

:hug: :hug:

well i have a dr appointment on friday
im feeling wierd, i have the pulling sensations i've had each time i get to 6 weeks pregnant.
i guess i'll have to wait to find out what's going on
i will kup

just to update, it defiantly was an evap line, i had a negative test yesterday morning.
i have a dr appointment for later on this afternoon, so i'll keep you updated with anything they say

*Star* said:
just to update, it defiantly was an evap line, i had a negative test yesterday morning.
i have a dr appointment for later on this afternoon, so i'll keep you updated with anything they say
Good luck

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back