Possible c-section incision infection. Anyone had one?

Frenzy

Reaction score
I just noticed tonight I seem to have a very small circular bit that is darkened in colour on my wound and there appeared to be a tiny amount of clear fluid coming out and the surrounding skin was painful to the touch. It's exactly 8 weeks today since I had surgery and now after reading online I'm so scared of having to have my wound reopened (probably shouldn't have done that but I needed to look up my symptoms). I've had pains for weeks and went to the doctor because my bleeding started again but a vaginal swab was taken and I was reassured everything was fine. I'm tired of everything being such hard work. My pregnancy was a nightmare with heavy bleeds and low lying placenta. My baby has a horrendous fungal nappy rash which e.coli was found present. She is now on antibiotics after 4 trips to the doctor and countless creams being ineffective. Would be nice for everything to go smoothly for once but that's not my life. I'm just already anticipating the worst case scenario now cause of everything that has gone wrong so far. I know I'm lucky to have a beautiful baby girl and some people are much worse off than myself but I'm just exhausted and need to vent a bit I suppose. I'm lucky they did my post natal depression check a few weeks ago because if they did it now my results might not be so good. Anyway, anyone with any experience of c-section incision infections so I can know what to expect?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back