Positive pregnancy test and ovitrelle

Laura07

Reaction score
Hi ladies

I'm in a bit of a panic this morning I have used ovitrelle last Monday which means I ovulated Wednesday early hours. It does say that if you test up to 10 days later you can get a false positive does anyone know how likely this is as obviously I have no patience and tested today which is only a few days past ovulation I know I'm crazy but it came up positive I just want to be careful before getting excited or telling anyone incase it's just the medication

Thanks in advance xx

I think it's too early for an accurate bfp. If u ov on wed you are 4dpo. I'd wait it out a week and test again!

Good luck! Have u got a pic of ur bfp? Xx

Ovitrelle is a synthetic version of hcg so will cause a pregnancy test to show positive and it can take up to 10 days to leave your system. Ladies who are doing IVF often test daily after taking it to see when it leaves their system and they see positive tests gradually getting fainter. I would give it at least 11 days from taking it before testing. Good luck x

Thanks ladies, I was just confused I did a test a couple of days ago to see if it showed positive from the injection and it was negative then todays being positive threw me a bit. I cant figure out how to add a picture but its def there not bold but not faint either
xxx

Strange that it's gone from negative to positive! 4dpo is early for a bfp but hope it is for you. I'd give it another week or if you can't wait test in a few days to see if it's gone darker xx

I triggered with my iuis. The first one I tested 11dpiui (13dp trigger) and my positive was genuine but sadly miscarried. The second time I tested 9dpiui (11dp trigger) and it was a false positive so still the trigger, by the next day it was gone. So I'd say to wait at least 11dp trigger to feel confident, hard I know! The test going from negative to positive may just have been the time it took your body to process the trigger into your urine to show on a pee stick. Fingers crossed for your genuine bfp xx

Thanks Dee, will just have to keep busy so im distracted (easier said than done!)
xx

Thanks again for your advice ladies it has gone back to negative so let's just hope in a week it turns around!! ️Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back