position of baby

soulem

Reaction score
When was your midwife first able to tell how the baby was lying??

My midwife cannot feel how mine is lying and was wondering if anyone else is the same!

its not recorded in my notes til 34 weeks... i don't think they really bothered checking til then either... :hug:

i think it was about 28 weeks or so that she could tell. not 100% sure though as i dont have my notes anymore

24 weeks the midwife could feel babies head easily and then 26 weeks she told me he was ROA - she couldnt feel him last week though for some reason but he is in same position as I saw on scan yesterday

x

At my 28 week appointment, which I was amazed at as I have a squishy tummy.

i think it depends on the midwife, as my last could tell easily at 24 and 28 weeks, but the one ive seen at 30 and 33 weeks said she couldnt tell

My 32 week appointment was the first time my midwife tried to feel because scans have shown since 28 weeks that bub was head down. It was a bit uncomfy when she was trying to feel how much of its head was in my pelvis! (I wish sometimes there was an incontinence smiley... :rotfl: )

My midwife didn't say at my 28 week appointment. The sonographer told me at a scan at 30 weeks but that's cheating a bit :rotfl:

I was told at week 30 that baby's head is down now. :cheer:

Saw her at 28 weeks on the dot and she told me where head was, down in my pelvis and even showed me where and I could feel my LO's head in my fingertips through my tummy. Amazing feeling :D

She felt body and legs and so on. Was kind of surreal to think my LO was lying like that. I'd be convined s/he was feet down at that point.

my midwife might not know, but by the tickling in my side im sure mine is like this :lol:

27zan1l.jpg

Saw my midwife this time last week and she couldn't tell either, not at all. She told me to start the optimal positioning exercises just in case it's lying awkwardly but I get lots of kicks to the side too so I'm going with Gymbabeliz's excellent diagram too :lol:

Gymbabeliz thats the optimum position as when the contractions start the baby turns to face your back and the is positioned in the easiest way for a normal birth. I saw this on a inside view birth video Paradysso showed me.
So yay thats good, mine is in exactly the same postition! :cheer: :cheer:

I saw my midwife last week (i think) and she said my baby was engaged!!!! Think she meant head down but didn't like to question her. I don't think baby has moved position as it still kicks in the same place.

kellysomer said:
Gymbabeliz thats the optimum position as when the contractions start the baby turns to face your back and the is positioned in the easiest way for a normal birth. I saw this on a inside view birth video Paradysso showed me.
So yay thats good, mine is in exactly the same postition! :cheer: :cheer:

LOL :lol: no way!! it doesnt feel very optimum!!i was starting to worry shes sticking sideways like that because im too short for her to turn fully upside down - so thats good to hear!!
:dance:

Seems everyone's different then! Midwife has said on my last 2 visits that she can't feel anything that resembles the head so can't tell how baby is lying!!! I know it has a head, I saw it on my scans!! I can feel kicks in my left side but also in my bladder so maybe baby is still moving about trying to find a place to settle!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back