popped into a shop today....

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Chat' started by BumbleTumble, Dec 15, 2011.

1. BumbleTumble

BumbleTumble Well-Known Member

i was out shopping with my nan, and i decided to pop into mamas and papas, which we were walking past anyway.

i was like, omg! look at all the stuff im going to have to get! and omg look at the price of that!
    lol

all the little clothes and babygros were soooo cute!
    my nan even asked if it was too early to buy a little onesie, i said its too early, but it was so sweet! and there were some beautiful oak cots, really sturdy and posh looking! too pricey for me though ¬_¬

but just realised i really have no clue!
    will have to do my research before due date! still got plenty of time though!

i was also really surprised that my nan was being so accepting, she was the one telling me last time i was here that 'it wasnt too late'.

good day, apart from feeling half dead! lol

2. hellywelly

hellywelly Well-Known Member

We bought a load of mama and papas furniture off a friend who was getting rid when I was only 8 weeks!! You can also get some bargains at NCT nearly new sales and ebay. I can't bring myself to spend full price when I know I can get a bargain elsewhere!!! lol

3. kerry5a

kerry5a Well-Known Member

We have a designer outlet 2 min from our house so we have quite a few things from M and P including the cot... Wouldn't be able to buy it at their normal price though! Everything in there is soooo nice though

4. Hunnie

Hunnie Well-Known Member

Ebay usually has a lot of mamas and papas stuff! I love the silver cross nursery sets as well but too pricey for us atm :(!

5. BabyBrain

BabyBrain Well-Known Member

Get looking on gumtree sweetie, there are some real bargains and most of it is hardly used xxxxxxx

6. BevG

BevG Well-Known Member

yeah and there are groups on facebook for sale or swap in every area just search for them in your town. ive hardly bought anything new and have almost everything i need. ikea do nice wooden cots brand new for 35 quid i think it is.

7. BabyBrain

Yeah they do and the mattress is only 15 quid which actually works out cheaper than second hand alot of the time. Hardly any of our stuff is brand new, apart from a few outfits I couldn't resist lol

8. VikkiR

VikkiR Well-Known Member

Oooh I might be having to have a look :)

9. BumbleTumble

hmmm, definatley going to join an facebook sale and swap group!!!

except i dont know where i will be living at 20 weeks onward :roll:

could be anywhere!!

10. BabyBrain

They won't move you too far from your mum hunny, especially if she is your next of kin/birthing partner. They won't cause you any emotional distress by moving you from your family xxxxxxxxxx

11. BumbleTumble

not sure.

my family live in hertfordshire, and im being moved to Eastbourne.
    which is a good way away!

its a shame, because my mum had agreed to come to my 12 week scan, which will be late december, but there is no way she can make it now, i have 4 younger siblings, 2 who cant be left at home alone.
    ahhhh! i have so much to sort out, scans, midwife, gp.

ok, calm down...lol