Poo?!

jools221181

Reaction score
Hi there!
Brody hasn't done a poo for 4 days now and we are getting a bit worried! I know it's normal for breastfed babies not to poo for days but this hasn't happened before and he seems to be in pain too! :cry:
He screams alot more than usual and his tummy goes hard and he straightens out rigid like a board. He has suffered with colic could it just be that getting worse? I was hoping that would be calming down by now! It's so hard seeing him hurting. :cry:
He's still trumping lot's and it REALLY stinks!(sorry!)
We have tried warm baths, leaving his nappy off and someone told us brown sugar in water helps but he refuses a bottle and we don't know what to try next!
Do you think we should just keep waiting? :think:
I might take him to clinic later see what they say but just wondered if any of you girls have any other advice?
Thanks in advance!xxxx

nicki said:
I personally don't know what to suggest, remedy wise, as I gave birth to a sh*t machine :rotfl:
:rotfl: :rotfl:
That's what worries me as he has been up till now!
Thanks for the link! :) I think I'll pop up to the clinic later to put my mind at rest! :hug:

alice went 3 days with no poo, and when she did evently go, i called my mum saying how excited i was that she had finally gone :oops: :rotfl:

a couple of oz of water more than normal seemed to losen alice up. but at the time she was 50 me 50 forumla.

i agree though. pop to your gp / hv just to put your mind at rest :hug:

hope Brody poops soon :pray: :)

i had that all the time with millie, she was a pain for it lol then she'd do 4 days worth when we happened to be out shopping or something :rotfl:

Thanks girls just got back from clinic and she tried having a rub of his tummy and said to try cooled boiled water with orange sqeezed into it! She also said I should take him to the doctors as it's more than 3 days!
So now I'm sat waiting for the doctor to call back see if I can get him in today and my sisters gone to fetch some oranges!
Hope it works!
Thanks again! :hug:

Hi

I hope he goes soon .
I had the same problem with Kiara when she was his age and she didint go for 10 days so i went to emergency as it was late at night and was getting concerned and they told me it was nromal and not to worry.
I tried everything prune juice, water and sugar , lactolose ect ect :? nothing worked so at the hospital they ended up giving her a sapository which did work within a few hours.
it happended again on and off and each time she had to have a sapository and the doctor said i should buy some so i can do it myself but i didnt want to hurt her.
It did eventually get better though hope you find somthing that works for him
Katrina

Yay he's pooed! :cheer:
Think the water did the trick!
Thanks loads girls! :hug:

My health visitor said that it is normal to go up to about 7 days if they are breastfed.

Still makes you worry though doesn't it.

glad he's finally gone :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back