Constipation

hopefulmummy

Reaction score
My lo I just shy of 6 months and we started blw about 12 days ago. He went about 3 days and without pooing then had 3 poo explosions And it's been about 2 days now with no dirty nappy. Does anyone have any suggestions about how to get things moving?! Thanks xx

Hiya, try and give loads of fluids, maybe a bit of fresh orange diluted with water. Pears are supposed to help too, good luck xxx

A banana/half a banana a day maybe? I do BLW but used to help her with bananas at first so she would manage to eat it rather than a bit of it and have the rest of it on her hands, clothes n the floor. Just have her on my knee and holding the banana she'd grab my hands, pull them to her mouth and smash her way through it. When just on milk my LO pooped every few days, now she's pooing several times a day so introducing food doesn't always cause constipation :D

Thanks for the tips, I think it's banana for breakfast tomorrow!! I struggle to get him to drink out of a beaker. Hubby suggested giving him a sponge as he likes to suck on those!! Haha

You could hold a cup to his mouth he may be able to take a tiny SIP? It sorts water bottle. Sponge isn't q bad idea! I have heard banana can causr constipation. U could always try prune I. Some form.. ice Lilly to try and suck on? It's hard when he's such early days. Sounds like you all doing fab though :) xx

Banana does bung them up. Apricots are supposed to be good, we chop dried ones into yogurt

Yeah I gave him my sports water bottle today and he had the odd sip :) I may try a sponge tomorrow...

He did poo today, but he used to have a few dirty nappies a day and now it's more like 1 every 3 days.... Is that normal?

I'm getting a bit frustrated with the whole feeding thing, but that's another thread!! :)

I was told by the doctor that bananas are not great for babies with constipation.....have your tried pear, apple or even a little prune juice with water?

Keep offering the sippy cup with water hun - they do take it eventually.

it is normal for a breastfed baby to go up to 10 days without "going" - but the introduction of solids can make them a bit bunged up. What is it like when he goes? Is it solid? Is he straining to go?

He strains during the day, but to no avail! No, the last one wasn't solid, just RANK!! I miss those almost sweet smelling breastfeed baby poos!!

I bought a pear today and will give it for breakfast tomorrow. I was thinking of prunes as well but wasn't sure if they'd be appropriate for an ickle baby....

Aww bless - I know what you mean I miss those poo's too! I would skip the prune juice if the poo's are not solid hun. Sounds like he may just be getting used to passing waste with a bit more substance. Breastmilk is very easy for babies to digest so I would say his system is just getting used to working a little harder.

As far as I am aware constipation is where they cannot go and when they do it's hard and painful for them. Both my kids have been so poorly with it but it's down to a sluggish part of the bowl (well my son's was and the doc has said Georgie's the same) rather than the introduction of solids in general.

Sorry I can't be more help hun xx

Sent from my BlackBerry 8900 using Tapatalk

Thankyou, you were a great help! And I changed 2 revolting nappies today :) I guess as long as they are soft baby is ok :)

On the plus side, he loved the pear!!! Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back