Bf poo pic - not for faint stomached!

Do you swap boobs when you feed or stick to one side? I nearly always just stick to one side each feed so i know he's getting hind milk. We can phone our local breast feeding support worker, i even did that last week then went to see them on the meeting day. They also do home visits here for the first few weeks, could be worth looking into

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Owen had green poo for about 8 weeks from about 11 weeks old. I saw loads of hv and bf peer supporters and everyone said that a) my latch was fine and b) it wasn't a foremilk thing. In fact my hv said its actually quite difficult for a baby to just get foremilk unless baby only feeds for a minute or two. I don't know if she was right though. Anyway, I was told that wind can cause green pop and that if you have a strong let down (milk squirts out fast) this can be a cause of wind.
Owens just stopped on its own and as he was gaining weight fine, noone was too worried. I can't see your photo but Owens poo looked a bit like seaweed iykwim.

His looked like seaweed this afternoon but usually it's lighter. I thunk it might be wind related as he's a very windy baby! I've got the HV over tomorrow I just don't want her thinking I'm not looking after him properly or something! His feeding time had defo gone up from 5 min bursts to 10-20mins sometimes more!

Sarah the midwife said to stick to one side.

I am pleased to say we've had a normal poo this morning! Let's hope it stays!

Just saw the HV she was really happy with his progress as he's obviously put on weight! She wasn't too worried about the poos she said it could be too little hind milk of even too much!! She said as he's putting on weight as everything not to worry :)

Glad HV has reassured you hun and LO is gaining nicely xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back