Bf poo pic - not for faint stomached!

pinkyprincess

Reaction score
I can't actually believe I'm doing this and hope it's allowed but I'm officially worried now. I posted this yesterday in feeding and nutrition http://www.pregnancyforum.co.uk/feeding-nutrition/229485-i-dont-actually-know-what-im-doing.html I was worried as although Tyler has over his life had the odd green poo very rarely maybe once or twice a week. He's done one for the last 3 days once a day (I think he's done 2 today tho!) basically I was feeding him and he did a poo (as they do) then fell asleep so I didn't want to wake him. When he woke he was straining again so I waited for him to go before changing him. You can see his old poo is day glow green!! But his second newer poo was a more normal colour!

Is he ok?? I'm sorry to be so crude but it's just such a strange colour. It's never ever been this green!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1328550469.360514.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1328550469.360514.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 58
:shock: u been eating anything interesting?? What I eat really affects nappies.....

Yesterday I had a bacon and egg sandwich, Heinz tomato soup and bread and a roast. Today I've had toast and marmite and left over roast stuff.

He's just done another poo and I daren't look :|

Ive had these before (not personally lol) and LO has always been ok in herself so not really worried too much! Mentioned it to the healthvisitor and she said to make sure LO drained both boobs fully as can be a sign of not getting all the hind milk.....but then the next week she reckoned it could also be a sign of belly ache....so not entirely convinced that she isnt talking out of her bum lol :bum:

Id say as long as LO is ok in himself and it doesnt continue for more than a day or two I wouldnt worry! HTH xx

OMG another one!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1328551232.376686.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1328551232.376686.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 30
Yeah I agree. If he seems ok it's probably nothing to worry about. Sometimes my l/o's poops look like its got leaves in it :shock:

Ive had these before (not personally lol) and LO has always been ok in herself so not really worried too much! Mentioned it to the healthvisitor and she said to make sure LO drained both boobs fully as can be a sign of not getting all the hind milk.....but then the next week she reckoned it could also be a sign of belly ache....so not entirely convinced that she isnt talking out of her bum lol :bum:

Id say as long as LO is ok in himself and it doesnt continue for more than a day or two I wouldnt worry! HTH xx

That's what I thought, he either goes on for ages, falls asleep and keeps sucking or falls asleep after 5 mins and won't stay awake no matter what I do.

My sister had this and my niece got a rash and it turned out it was the Jalapenos in the pizza my sis had!!! lol

Im sure if Tyler is OK in himself then it will be fine. What about drinks?? have you drunk anything different from normal?? x

We've not had any like that. Is he ok in himself? My LO sometimes looks like he's fallen asleep but will suck every so often. I hope it settles x

hi - when emma wasn't feeding for long enough she did one of these and the midwife happen to see it. it was deffo the not getting the hind milk reason. something about the sugars in milk and bile etc.

i googled it was well and she was spot on.

All I've drunk is water, 1 glass of squash, and today a decaff coffee.

He's been a bit sweaty when being fed I took his temp this morning and it was find but haven't since.

He does suck when 'asleep' but I generally just keep him on.

Have u tried squeezing your boob whilst he's on to help drain the hind milk? Can't think of what else to suggest :eh:

It's more likely to be a latch problem or a colic problem I think. Not 100% sure.

I think the best thing is to go to breast feeding group and they will be able to help defo. They know their shizzle hun!

But from what I can see online defo seems like a too much foremilk problem more than anything else xxx

Again didn't expalin myself too well lol

A problem with the latch could mean that he isn't getting through the hind milk because he isn't latched on to feed correctly. This doesn't mean he won't gain weight, but isn't getting the full nutrition of the hind milk in his diet causing the green poo!

If you have too much fore milk, which would explain the green poos then you could try to express some milk before you feed(this can be a bit of a pain tho). You could try lying back when feeding so LO has to work a little harder and in turn is more likely to get the richer milk. Also, do you have your central heating up quite high? Your body produces more fore milk when it's warm. This is advice I've been given at my breastfeeding support group. I hope it helps x

Interesting! I thought I had a fore milk problem the first time I saw it. I've also wondered if it cones out too fast as sometimes he pulls away and shoots everywhere!

It is generally quite warm as I like the warm and love hot showers but I'll start wearing more jumpers and less heating.

Do u guys know how long it takes the milk to go into poo as at night I feed him laying down and in the day I'm sitting up, would help to know where the issue is if there is one with his latch.

I'm house bound until my section scar has heeled so won't be able to go to a group until then so the more I can figure out at home the better for now just to keep me going.

I was driving 4 weeks after my section. If you speak to your insurance company they all have different policies. Mine was that they didn't have a time period that you couldn't drive within but that my gp needed to say I was fit to drive. So I went gp and didn't even look me over, just put on my notes fit to drive after section and that was that. Insurance didn't need it in writing as it would always be in my gp records.

Also, I was out pushing buggy around 2 weeks after my section. Not far, only 15-20 mins, but got out every day. At the hospital they said the quickest way to heal was to get up and about often. Not to push yourself too hard, but to keep mobile.

Not easy in this weather I know!

I don't drive my problem is I live on the first floor so have to carry my buggy down the stairs then back up when I'm home and I don't want to aggravate my scar and cause problems iykwim?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back