Big Baby - Need Advice plz

Loveleen

Reaction score
Hi Girls,

I am today 36 weeks and 4 days. I had my final growth scan today to check the low placenta problem i had initially and the babys weight came out to be 8 pounds already..The placenta has moved but the consultant said the baby is big with a big head and tummy. He therefore suggested C section is a safer option as baby will go further big in next 2 weeks. I asked him if I can be induced and he said normally bigger babies have problems in going through birth canal and also have a risk of getting stuck so they suggest Cesarean. I really wanted a natural birth and very confused now..:(

I have another appointment next friday. I wanted to ask you if anybody has any details around this. Plz advice as I am really worried..really wanted a natural birth..:wall2:

Plz advice..Thanks

I think sone of it depends in ur height and frame. My eldest was 8lb but my 2nd was 9lb 5,and found it an easier labour,only needed gas and air and no stitches. Xxx

what a dilema!! the thing that would be my main concern is that they have suggested a c section, and i dont think they would unless completely necessary. im not sure what i would do, think i would seek further advice from my doctor and get lots of explaining done! x

Perhaps they could induce you at 37 weeks, and then trial labour when baby is not too big? may be worth an ask. Trouble is they can get size wrong on a scan tho, and would be a shame to miss the chance of natural labour first, but don't worry planned sections are fine and very controled and calm

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back