Polyhydramnios...

munchkin1982

Reaction score
Hi girls... I was just wondering whether any of you had suffered with this in your first pregnancy and then went on to suffer again your second? I am panicing ALOT about the size of my bump at the moment. I know I am 3 dress sizes smaller in this pregnancy than before and I know you are supposed to show more so and sooner in your second but this to me is massive! I took the picture on the weekend. I have my 12 week scan on Monday 25th!!!

What do you think? Also, if you do suffer from Polyhydramnios again in second pregnancy is it apparent right from the start? Xx

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1340100733784.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1340100733784.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 36
WOW!! Thats a big bump....maybe there's 2 babies in there :) C.X

Im sorry I have no answers hun but it does seem very big for 12 weeks?

Have you got in touch with the midwife at all?

Please excuse any typos from my fat fingers!
Tapatalk madness!

Thanks girls! am preparing myself for the poasibility of multiple babies lol... Twins do run in the family on both sides eek...

Not bothered with midwife as yet as scan is on mon anyway and I already tried rearranging scan so I didnt have to go on my own and had no luck! So just assumed it would all become clear on Mon! Trouble is, in the meantime, I am doing my usual panicing! :-/ xx

Hey hun, I suffered polyhydramnios with both my pregnancies. No reasons for it, just how I carry unfortunately. My first pregnancy it started around 22 weeks, this 2nd pregnancy didn't start until 3rd tri and got worse in the last few weeks, fluid built up overnight basically :shock:

Both my pregnancies I popped out very very early. I looked like you do at your stage with my second pregnancy.

I asked the sonographer at my 20 week scan what the fluid level was as i was worried and she said it was normal, that the fluid doesn't really pick up/get monitored until after 22 weeks.

Even though my bump was massive I measured only 1-2cm ahead until I hit 33 weeks, then I started getting further ahead.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask or pm xxx

Aaawww Maria thank you so much hun! I am just so worried about the size of the bump! Its mad! Will be quizzing them over fluid etc on mon anyway. God I am such a worrier! xx

Aaawww Maria thank you so much hun! I am just so worried about the size of the bump! Its mad! Will be quizzing them over fluid etc on mon anyway. God I am such a worrier! xx

I had pretty much same bump at your stage too, this 2nd pregnancy. I worried, but all was well until 3rd tri. I was never monitored though, they dishcarged me from clinic at 17 weeks :wall2: back to mw led only.

It was all bloat though and I grew into the bump. I carried completely different though to how I was with Oscar. I had extreme fluid with Oz, I was massive, caused all kinds of problems with his birth and ended in emergency section, then that then had an effect on the birth of my daughter (because of section wound).

Try not to worry though, I think lots of people pop out early with baby #2 as the stomach muscles are weakened from the first pregnancy so they give out earlier. It's too early for polyhydramnios, but they will probably/should monitor you closely as you've had it before.

I'm sorry I have no experience of this but just wanted to say your bump is lovely :)

I have no idea either, but wanted to say, hey again!! Hope #1 is well!!

Aaawww thanks :)

Jenni!!! hey chick! how are you? Xx

Not so bad thanks, although this one's making me feel worse than Sophia did!!

Oh bless you hun! I have my bad days but all in all, i have felt better this time round. think it may be down to weight loss and being generally more active! always good! Xx

I've never heard of this. Have a lot to learn! So can't be of any help.

But wanted to say your bump looks beautiful. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back