Fundal height Measurements

All this fundal measurement stuff is so arbitrary it makes the scientist in me want to scream. Two weeks ago I was measured at 28.5cm at 30 weeks. I cannot for the life of me imagine how my MW could give a measurement to the nearest 0.5cm, given how the damn thing is measured. She feels around for the top of your pubic bone... OK, that's not too bad. And then she feels around somewhere at the top of your uterus and picks a decidedly vague point to measure to. Utter b*****ks. Today I was measured by my MW again in case I was under average. Her student had a go too and came out with 28cm... :roll: :wall2:which is less than it was two weeks ago! My normal MW then had a measure and came up with 30cm. Just goes to show that it depends who measures you, where baby is lying etc. etc. Not to be taken seriously at all.

OK. Rant over. x

yeah they never seem to measure the same spot so how the hell they going to get the right measurements if they dont take from the same place.
they had me in hospital today for monitoring then did a scan was glad to see baby moving fine just causing mummy lots of pain lol, they said he's doing fine its just his AF has dropped to 7.2% and apparently for my height (6ft3) that a cause for concern. so got go back tomorrow and have it all done again and see what they say. Am fed up of seeing the hospital the staff seem to know everything about me its worrying cant wait til i dont have to go anymore, but until he's born they said i will be in once a week for a scan to check AF lovely just wat i want to hear NOT!!!!

x x x x

I have gest diabetes and it can lead to bigger babies if your sugar levels are constantly high, this leads to the baby storing the extra sugar as fat as they can not process it well in the womb. My bump height was 31.5 the other day I did wonder at the half cm myself lol but oh well x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back