Polycystic Ovaries ... Bummer!

BeanieBree

Reaction score
Hey guys this thread might be a little bit long winded but I want to gt everything down in case it helps others reading alongside helping myself :love:
Ok so I was diagnosed with this syndrome aged 17 and was told I may find it hard to conceive and I may have to seek other alternatives such as IVF and Adoption!! At the time I wasn't overly fussed because I was young and although I knew I wanted children in the future it wasn't a bother to me then. I was told by my consultant to eat healthy and loose some weight which I did and although I am still a curvy girl I managed to shed 3 1/2stone by time I was 20! So then I went from having no period to a regular cycle, but at age 22 I met my current boyfriend and got comfy and although I reckon I look better than I used to I over the course of our relationship I have put on 2stone not quite back to my original weight but my periods are sparse. Since being with my boyfriend we don't use protection a lot of the time that is how sure I am I cannot get pregnant and how little faith i have in my ovaries there has been two occasions where I had all the symptoms of pregnancy and two negative tests :wall2: and not to sound crude we have a lot of 'happy time' together (sorry lol) I was wondering if there are any others here who have become pregnant with this syndrome and how long did it take? I have two friends who have become pregnant with this but one of them didnt have it so bad which leads me to believe the other was just lucky. Anybody have any stories of conception with Poly ovaries?

Thank you x x

There are quite a few threads here with people who have PCOS (I haven't started my own thread but I , too, have it) My friend was told - also a PCOS sufferer - that she had to lose weight to try for a baby prior to being given any pharmaceutical help (Metformin / Clomid etc.) and she lost over 4 stone --- and ended up pregnant before she actually thought she had a chance :yay:

I know how hard it is to lose weight when you have PCOS, but it is recommended by most doctors as it can jump-start your cycle properly so you know what's happening.

There are a lot of people who have had babies whilst being PCOS sufferers, so you're definitely not alone.

Thank you so much :) People tell me all the time and even though it's heard of getting pregnant whilst having PCOS I still have no faith whatsoever. Back to the fitness plan I guess x x

I was diagnosed with this after 3 years of trying to concieve. i had totally given up hope of falling pregnant! My consultant put me on clomid and i took it for 3 months...no luck! He then upped my dose for another 3 months and then said the next stage would be IVF. One month into the stronger dose...done a test and it was POSITIVE! i really could not believe it and we had been trying for soooooo long!

I know it so much easier said than done but I do really believe that it happens when you dont think about it as much. I really didnt think clomid was doing anything so we started to look into which clinic we wanted to go to for treatment and thats when i fell pregnant. Its hard when you want it so much to not think about it though.

Hope this makes you feel a bit better hun? xxxxxx

:) Yes it helps a lot Erin thank you so much. I just need the reassurance. After joining this site yesterday I had 'the chat' with my OH and he is happy to go along with me to sort out getting clomid from my GP ... I do hope by time we are ready to TTC the clomid has helped and it wont be so hard. Thank you so much x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back