Pocket Money??

littlemiss83

Reaction score
Do you give your LO any pocket money?

If so how much & how often?

My LO is 7 (coming up for 8 in the summer) & I was thinking £2 every week, in return for keeping her room tidy & behaving??

:)

DD gets £2 a week for doing her chores (she'll be 8 soon) xx

Thanks

Hope u dont mind me asking, but what chores does your DD help with? I'm lucky if I can get LO to tidy her bedroom, let alone anything else.

:roll:

She washes her breakfast dishes, tidies her room and wipes down the table after meals xx

oooooh washing dishes. I forgot my LO was old enough for that now. I mind doing this for my mum & if one of the things was still a bit dirty, she'd make me do all of them over again

:roll:

Aw bless! We don't make her do them again, we just discreetly wash it afterwards! Lmao xxx

yeah, Doodles is 3 & gets 10p per star he gets on his chart, so he can earn up to £5.60 a week. On his star chart he has
1. Brush My Teeth
2. No Silly Tantrums
3. Use My Potty
4. Eat My Dinner
5. Do My Homework
6. Put My Toys Away
7. Put My Laundry In The Basket
Go To Bed & Go To Sleep

over the past 2 days (it runs Saturday - Friday) he's earned £1.40, he doesn't always spend it all though as he's got to save for toys that he wants (latest being Baby Jake) x x

yeah, Doodles is 3 & gets 10p per star he gets on his chart, so he can earn up to £5.60 a week. On his star chart he has
1. Brush My Teeth
2. No Silly Tantrums
3. Use My Potty
4. Eat My Dinner
5. Do My Homework
6. Put My Toys Away
7. Put My Laundry In The Basket
Go To Bed & Go To Sleep

over the past 2 days (it runs Saturday - Friday) he's earned £1.40, he doesn't always spend it all though as he's got to save for toys that he wants (latest being Baby Jake) x x

Well done for keeping it up, it takes work to do charts ect, but defo pays off in the end!!

I said to LO today that she can get £1 a week, might not seem like much, but it means I can increase it as a reward if she's extra good (or if I want to add on extra chores). I said she must tidy her room every night & no tantrums.

My LO is 4 and shes obsessed with magazines. So aslong as she doesnt throw tantrums or misbehave to a degree then she'll get her magazine and thats how iv been working it atm :) She loves it tho and iv seen a big behavior change since doing this :)

Its really good for them to have some sort of reward system I think, and its not always possible to have days out ect. Magazine idea is perfect. I hate buying them now, LO is 7 & has been getting them for years, she buys for the crappy toy & doesn't read any of it. I'm trying to drop hints in her head that if she saves the money she can buy something big, like a barbie for example.

We have a similair problem hun, we've started refusing to buy toys as and when, and instead have told Doodles that if he wants something he has to buy it (eg he wants the new baby jake toys) but he's obsessed with Littlest Pet Shop atm so keeps spending his money on those & then getting upset because he hasnt got any money for baby jake :wall: x

I gave mine £1 a week for years for tidying there room, then my mum pointed out that I was being unfair, as my 13 year old has greater needs for money so now they get 50p rise each year or birthday.

Rhys is 13 , he gets £3.50 a week
Toby is 11 , he gets £2.50 a week
Briony is nearly 10, she gets £2.00 a week
According to the kids - Devon gets 50p!! (but I make sure he gets a £1 as they used to!)

It's good to get them used to jobs and little chores early on like your doing as it's inportant for them to know they have to help out too

ooooh thats very fair amounts JJ's mum. I remember always getting 2.50 a week off my mum until I left school.

I'd spend it all on the one day on chocolate & sweets coz my mum never let me have treats, she was a bit of a health freak!!

xxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back