Please recommend a pushchair

meandthebump

Reaction score
I wondered if anyone can recommend a suitable pushchair? I know it's early for me to be looking but i thought that i might be able to make the most of the January sales. Here's what I'm hoping to get:

- A 3 wheeler all terrain type as i need to be able to walk the dogs
- Suitable from birth but that can be used as a pushchair for older baby too
- Suitable for little mum (I'm 5'1" and very weak!)
- I'd prefer for the baby to face me while it's little

If anyone has a pushchair/travel system like this please tell me what you think of it.

Thanks very much :)

We have a Jane Slalom Pro and love it. Only thing is if you are 5'1 it might be a bit bulky and heavy for you. But it does all the things you want :)

I think you need to go try different ones out in store tbh. We tried loads but most of the other 3 wheelers felt really weak and plasticky compared to the Jane. We live on a farm so needed something sturdy and all terrain and with decent sized wheels. Lots of 3 wheelers have small plastic wheels and I hate that part on them. Prefer inflatable tyres and larger size.

I would agree with Sherlock, go and have a look as 3 wheelers do tend to be heavy and bulky. Also look now before you get too big so that you can actually judge how easy they will be to fold, lift etc. I waited and then found it hard to lift anything!

We have an older version of this in black and red. Tbh it is pretty heavy to pick up when folded and doesnt fold very small, but has all the features we wanted in a pushchair and both our babies have been very comfy in it. Although it is quite large and heavy, its actually very easy to handle when pushing around because of the big tyres. The pushchair and car seat are both from birth, and the seat recline can be altered to your preference from lying flat through varying angles to upright. Its also very sturdy and still holds my 3 year old when he feels tired or throws a tantrum! :lol: We have used it since he was a baby and is still as good as new now for my daughter. Cant fault it at all, and was much cheaper than some of the similar travel systems out there :D BTW me and OH are both quite short at 5' 3 " and push it comfortably x :hug:

I also needed a pushchair I could walk the dog "easily" with, but I also wanted a pushchair where the car seat could fit onto the pushchair chassis, and also where the compatible car seat would have a fixed base, so I didnt have to mess around with seatbelts - I use the car a lot because of where we live.

In the end we went for the Icandy Apple Jogger.....it comes with the carrycot, and the Maxi cosi car seats is fully compatible with it (and has a fixed base for the car), its also a 3 wheeler and all-terrain, and you can steer it with one finger!

http://www.icandyuk.com/products_detail.php?id=apple_jogger
http://www.icandyuk.com/products_detail.php?id=apple_jogger-carrycot

It is not available to buy on-line as apparently the company who designed them wanted to ensure that every potential customer got the chance to have a proper demonstration in a store! There is a list of suppliers on their website though, and all the suppliers sell it for the same price so you wont be ripped off or have to ring around for prices.

Thank you for those suggestions. I will have a look at the Jane and the Icandy Apple Jogger.

EllieBelle - i couldn't see a price. Do you mind giving me an idea of the cost of the ICandy?

It was £469.....inc carry cot and footmuff etc.

Not cheap, but cheaper than the Jane - I absolutely loved the Jane, but the Jane car seat doesnt have a fixed base, and you have to fiddle around with seat belts, or get a seperate car seat that is just used in the car, which then doesnt work with the pushchair.........so it depends whats important to you!

I wanted to unclick car seat from car, and pop onto pushchair chassis, for short trips to shops etc.

Thanks. My mum has offered to buy us a pushchair but i don't think she realises how much they cost, and i wanted to avoid getting an expensive one. However it looks like all the good 3 wheelers are expensive! At least it includes the car seat (i hope it does!). Maybe i could suggest to my mum that she buys part of it and i buy the other part. I think i'll find a store near my mum that sells them and we can go on a shopping trip while i'm visiting at Christmas. I'm excited about getting a pushchair!

meandthebump said:
Thanks. My mum has offered to buy us a pushchair but i don't think she realises how much they cost, and i wanted to avoid getting an expensive one. However it looks like all the good 3 wheelers are expensive! At least it includes the car seat (i hope it does!). Maybe i could suggest to my mum that she buys part of it and i buy the other part. I think i'll find a store near my mum that sells them and we can go on a shopping trip while i'm visiting at Christmas. I'm excited about getting a pushchair!

Problem we found is you can buy cheaper, but when you read the reviews on the cheaper ones, people seem disappointed and have had multiple problems when taking them "off-road"......punctures, parts breaking etc - so they end up becoming frustrating and costly in the long run! There are some great cheaper 3 wheelers out there, but if you need to walk the dog down pot holes riddled lanes, and woodland tracks (like we do) then it limits your choices somewhat!

No the car seat is extra Im afraid, around another £80-£120 depending on where you buy it from. I think the Jane complete package is about £600 from memory!

Find a shop that stocks a few you like and go and test drive them......and check the car seat and actual pushchair fits in your car!

New Jane set up, with infant carrier (that looks better than their older style/model) and then pushchair. The new infant carrier looks better than their old Matrix and is suitable from birth as it lies flat and then can go more upright. Have a read of the blurb. Cost of this one is £404

http://www.preciouslittleone.com/acatal ... A-H61.html

Also the one with the pram part (Matrix cup) that doubles as a parent facing pushchair once they can sit up. No infant carrier and the Matrix can be used as a car seat but won't fit most cars so not much good there.

http://www.preciouslittleone.com/acatal ... X-H61.html

If I were buying a Jane now I'd get the first one and use the infant carrier in the early months if its lie flat etc. We got the old style Matrix and found it great but bulky. And got a separate car seat that remained in the car.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back