pushchair dilemma

lulu

Reaction score
Hi guys.

I currently have a 3 wheeler pushchair,I think its the urban detour. Jack will be 2 and a half when this baby comes along and I don't know whether to get a double pushchair or not.

I was thinking of one of those boards to go on the back so Jack could stand on that when he gets tired, but don't think it will fit and what if he gets so tired that he wants to sleep?

Would buying a double pushchair be a waste of money?

I have a bad back so a carrier or bjorn is not ideal.

Really stuck on this one - any ideas?

My son will also be 2 1/2 when LO arrives and I have decided to get a double, or maybe a tandem.
I know what you mean about the buggy board, if I am out shopping for a few hours I can't expect Brody to just stand there or walk. He's very active and will just run off.

I'm looking at the double Urban detour, but now I'm thinking about a tandem more.

:think:

My son is slightly older and will be 3 when the next one arrives. I have also debated buying a double but now think it will be a bit of a waste. He barely uses his pushchair now, only really if I go out shopping for a while or a long public outing, so in a few months I think he will be even less likely to use it. I think I'm going to get a buggy board as I think it will be fun and something different for him, but I also intend to get a carrier for the baby so if all else fails I can carry the baby in the sling and put Tyler in the buggy if he needs to rest. By the time the baby gets too heavy to carry for long periods, Tyler will be well into his 3's or even 4, so I think it will be a total waste of money to get a double.

However, your situation is different, your son is younger and you can't carry a baby. So it's totally your decision what to do. You've got to weigh up how much your son uses the pushchair and whether you could cope without it. If the answer is that you use it frequently and you don't like him running around in public etc, then maybe you should opt for the double. I would just get a cheap one though, for the amount of time you will use it. Bear in mind in a few months time your son will be so independent he won't want to go in his pushchair, tired or not!

Have a look in your local paper or on ebay. I bought a double Maclaren in great condition for £50 from my local paper. I bought it for my Mum to use because she looks after Jake and my little brother is only 3 (he was 2 when I bought the buggy).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back