Anyone with a 3 wheeler pushchair?

Charlie:-)

Reaction score
Have got my 3 wheeler pushchair and I have heard that it is better to fill your tyres with a substance that hardens and prevents punctures rather than using the pump and fill them with air.

Anyone know what this "substance" is and where I can buy it from?

hmmmm no. My Jane pram has 1 wheel that is constantly flat so it would be interesting to know. But would it mean that I wouldn't be able to take it back under guarantee though if something else broke?

newmum said:
hmmmm no. My Jane pram has 1 wheel that is constantly flat so it would be interesting to know. But would it mean that I wouldn't be able to take it back under guarantee though if something else broke?
Mines a Jane too. Not sure about the guarantee but it only lasts for 6 months anyway, by the time my baby arrives I will only have 1 month left on my guarantee.

Another Mum told me you can get it done at a cycle shop, I think its some kind of gel they pump into the tyres and apparently works really well. Prob does exclude the tyres from any guarantee but I wouldnt think it would affect the rest of the pram frame etc.

This is the stuff I use on my mountain bike tyres and I'll be using it on our Jane pushchair as well.

You squirt it between the inner tube and the outer bit of the tyre - you still need to fill the tyres with air.

It won't repair a puncture you already have, so an existing puncture would have to be repaired first.

We've got a Quinny Zapp and it has hard tyres, no air in them at all, and its horrible going over uneven surfaces, Isaac bounces about, I'd prefer more air :lol: Never heard of the substance, sorry, just wanted to say maybe don't make them too hard :hug:

This might sound silly, but I am thinking Halfords???????Not sure if you can use it on buggie wheels???????

I have a tin of this foam stuff in my boot. (I can't remember what it's called.) I have been instructed by my hubby to use it if I get a puncture so that I don't need to change the tyre.

He was told by his friend about this product by his friend that works for vosa.

Never used it so not sure if it's any good. Maybe someone else can give you more infor on this stuff. xxx

My OH has this stuff in his 4x4 in case of a puncture as it's a nightmare changing the wheel. It can be used in any tyre with an inner tube and it basically inflates the tyre and seals any holes at the same time. It's a compressed liquid that sets like rubber so when you squirt it in you need to spin or roll the wheels to spread it evenly inside the inner tube. All you do is attach the nozzle, as you would to inflate with a pump, and turn the knob at the top to let the liquid flow. Then you just stop when the tyre is fully inflated and give it a few spins, it's best to do it with the tyre completely flat as that allows more liquid into the tube.

HTH

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back