Please Pray - Updated! 16th August

LaineyG

Reaction score
My Grandma has had a massive stroke. I'm just back from the hospital. We got a call from her nursing home this morning (it's right across the street from us) and I ran over (I beat the ambulance, and I had been in my jammies when the called!).

Last night she was sitting up talking to my mum and dad, walking about with her stick. Now she's paralysed on her right side, can't speak and is very poorly.

We're waiting on the CT Scan to see if it was a clot (better prognosis) or a bleed (worse prognosis).

She's 87, a tough old bird, but she's so dignified that I know she'll be terribly upset at this. I told her I'd have to go as I wasn't allowed to stay and she looked paniced and squeezed my hand really hard. :cry:

So, as with all strokes, it's now a waiting game...........

Awww hun I am so sorry... thoughts are with you all just now.

:hug:

Sorry to hear that hun- praying everything is ok for you all
:hug: :hug: :hug: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray:

Sorry to hear about your Grandma :hug:

My OH's granddad had a big stroke at 91 years old, he spent about 3 months in hospital and now he is at home looking after himself etc and is about to celebrate his 95th birthday. It is a shock when it first happens but I am sure your Grandma will be fine and back home before you know it. :hug: :hug: :hug:

Sorry to hear this and thinking of you :hug: This happened to my Nan last year so I know what you're going through.....she's now home and although in a wheelchair has adpated well and I'm sure your Nan will be the same xx

Thanks girls!

Your hugs and kind thoughts are much appreciated

My mum and dad are away up to the hospital now for visiting, it's Mhairi's bedtime so I'm not going.

I'll let you all know when I know myself.

:hug: :hug:

Thinking of your Nan xxxxx Hope she is ok xx

:(

We got the scan results today. It's a bleed stroke. :( No coming back from it. They have spoken to the neurologists at the Southern General and they all agree that she is too old and too ill to operate for the slim chance of recovery.

I agreed with the doctors that a DNR should be placed on her.

So it's just a waiting game. It could be tonight, tomorrow, next week, next month or next year.

So now, instead of praying that it'll be okay, I'm praying that it won't be long.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back