PLease pray for my brother- **Updated Page 3**

cud he be diabetic??

my oh is, and when he takes a fit(hypo) he goes all funny, but is ok pretty quick after he has a sugar rush :hugs:

glad hes okay but he should still see a doctor because fits dont happen just because ur not eating/sleeping right..when somebody who has a fit for the first time its vital that they get checked asap to rule out more serius conditions...get him to a doctor hun - keep us updated - sending u lots of :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

happymum said:
cud he be diabetic??

my oh is, and when he takes a fit(hypo) he goes all funny, but is ok pretty quick after he has a sugar rush :hugs:

This is exactly what I was thinking my sisters and brother are all diabetic and can always tell when they are starting to go hypo cause they go all funny, and if he thought it was cause he was hungry he probably ate to before feeling beter, its easily diagnosed with a blood test at the doctors and he can lead a perfectly normal life with it once diagnosed and put onto the right dosages of insulin :hug:

I'm glad he's ok now, I agree, it does sound like e could be diabetic, maybe that would be why not eating properly & being so tired would effect him, cos it doesn't like it would only be that.

Hope he gets checked out by a doc for all your peace of mind :hug:

Sorry i wasn't around Sarah, busy weekend.
I'm glad your brother is ok and i hope they find out what caused it xxx

aww hun im sorry to hear this :cry: - there is a chance it might not be as well u know but the neurologist is the best person to find the cause. i hope it isnt epilepsy.

will keep u and ur brother in my thoughts :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

aww poor bloke.

He'll get the licence back though, once it's diagnosed and treated, right?

:hug: :hug: :hug:

Hopefully it will just be stress related and he will be ok

Last edited:
hope he is ok chick, or at least they get to the bottom of it and can get it sorted. i know how annoying it can be when something's up and nobody knows/tells you what it is :hug:

Sarah&LJ said:
yeah he sould get his licsense back once he is sorted....the DVLA think it will be about a year :shock:
he is really down at the moment as you can expect....hes been driving 17 years, 21 if you count his biking years... mum cant stop crying either...worried sick obviously.
Hopefully it will just be stress related and he will be ok

This happened to my dad a few years ago...

He ended up having a "fit" and was rushed to hospital... where he was fine, then all of a sudden had another "fit" while waiting to see a doctor.. he had his licence taken away and he'd been driving for nearly 40 years so was really devastated to be told he had epilepsy.. He was even put on epileptic meds for a while too.

Anyway he saw a neurologist and they couldn't find anything wrong with him... it turns out he has something called (sp???') cervical spondylosis.
It uncommon in young people, but if your brother has ever had a history of neck pain or injury.. It would be well worth him looking into this because an injury to the neck can predispose someone to having this.

If you look it up on the internet it doesn't say ANYTHING about people having fits with this illness... but my dad did, he definitely passed out, and it was sufficient enough to make the doctors at the hospital think the same.

I hope your brother is OK though.. He didn't bang his head recently or anything either?... It's just so rare for someone to make it this far before being diagnosed with epilepsy without having a single fit before... or to not be old enough (i.e. 50's, 60's) when the brain begins to degenerate. :hug: :hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back